Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] Empty
PostSubject: The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]   The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Kiku walked though the supermarket, hoping to find something that could be used to make a traditional Japanese dish. So far, he had decent luck, finding miso and even mirin! Perhaps he could make a small sushi bento box, but that would require fish. He went over to the fish department and glanced though his selections before he spotted it.

Was it possible?

Kiku looked up wide-eyed at the sight before him. There was just no way this was possible. Is this a dream? For such a beautiful and precious thing to be seen in a place as a local supermarket in London was beyond what he could possibly dream of. It was something that kept him living. Something that kept him sustained. Something-

"Excuse me sir, are you going, to buy something?"

Kiku looked up at the fishmonger and then back at the small piece of salted salmon that was in between both of them. "How much for the salted salmon?" he asked, staring with intensity. The man behind the counter and scratch behind his head.

"Sorry, that's made especially and reserved from someone already," he said, everything in his stance hinting at an apology. Kiku looked back at the man, his face blank on the outside, but practically wailing on the inside.

"By who?" Kiku asked, but something in his voice sounded more like a demand. The man merely pointed behind Kiku, who turned around to meet the face of a young lady.
Back to top Go down
Sakura Honda

Sakura Honda

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]   The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Sakura liked this supermarket a lot. It was a British supermarket, yes, and had mostly just British items but they had a lot of Japanese and Asian items as well. She had been going here since she had arrived here a couple of years ago, and she was very fond of it. They recognised her as well, and sometimes made an effort to buy items that she needed, if she asked. Whenever she inquired about an object it was usually there the next time she visited.

It was a pleasantly warm Thursday , and she went down to the supermarket, as she always did, as Thursday was the best day for going; it wasn’t too crowded and they usually had all the items she needed for the day, including the salted salmon that they prepared for her that day.

She clutched her basket, holding it close to her chest. They had some udon noodles in this week, happily enough but... they were out of miso, unfortunately. She would have to get them another day, she still had enough to save for a few days. She picked up a few vegetables and began to make her way over to the fish counter to pick up her salted salmon and perhaps some seafood, so she could make some tempura, why not? She deserved a treat, having gotten top marks on her practice exam. She deserved it.

She noticed that there was another person at the counter. "How much for the salted salmon?" Ah, so he wanted some salmon, how curious – nobody ever wanted her salmon. He twirled around to look at her, perhaps a little annoyed. She looked... familiar, in a sense. Had she seen him before? She couldn’t place his face. But he certainly looked Japanese, and he had an accent.

She bowed slightly, “It seems we both want the salmon.” She stepped forward, and smiled at the person behind the counter. “Hello, Mr Albert,” She said politely, “How are you?” She asked.

“Not bad,” He said, as he bagged up the salmon, “Will that be all?”

She shook her head, “Can I have some prawns as well?” She asked, he nodded and handed it over. “Thank you.” She said, and turned back to the other young man. “I apologise for...taking it. Perhaps we could share?” She didn’t buy much, only one fillet most days, or else she would have split it there and then. “I just need to go home and we can cut it up together.” She said pleasantly.

She began to walk, looking at him. She really recognised his face... “Honda Sakura, pleased to meet you.”
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]   The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 am

Kiku silently watched the interaction between this Mr. Albert and a young woman, Honda Sakura. She was certainly Japanese by the way she introduced herself and the accent that reminded him so much of his own, not to mention apologizing for something that wasn't even her fault. One of the things that was rather frequent in his home country. Her stance seemed a bit timid, as though she didn't know exactly what to do in the situation she was in, actually inviting a stranger into her home. Well, there was no need to keep her in suspense.

"That is very generous of you, Honda-san. I thank you very much," Kiku said, bowing as such a Japanese man would. "My name is Honda Kiku." He imagined things would become awkward over their shared last name, assuming that the two of them would even interact in the future. "Is it alright for a stranger man such as myself to just come into your home? After all, we did just meet."

Looking back up, Kiku took a good look at the woman's face. Had he... seen her before? She seemed very familiar, but this was just uncanny. Just her eyes alone showed a quiet and shy shine that was definitely familiar. Perhaps he was just seeing things? It was though something was tugging at his mind, but he was unable to grasp what was the cause of it. Kiku shook his head, deeming himself as thinking too much. After all, this woman was the first Japanese person he had seen during course of his visit here. Perhaps he was falling for the stereotype that all Asians look the same, as preposterous as it sounded.
Back to top Go down
Sakura Honda

Sakura Honda

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]   The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 am

She found it a little strange that they had the same names, and she was a little surprised, but she supposed she shouldn't be. Honda was hardly an uncommon name in Japan, though the chances of running in to one this far away where there were so few Japanese people in the first place was a little strange. "Honda, what a coincidence." She said politely, and gave a small bow of the head in greetings. "If I didn't know better I would say we were related." jokingly, of course, but it wasn't impossible, she supposed. She had cousins and relatives that she did not know well, one of whom might be this Kiku, but it was far more likely to be pure coincidence.

"Well, you are the one at a disadvantage." She said logically. She was not afraid of this person; she had practiced karate for long enough that she could defend herself, and since she would be the one at home, she would have the field as well. "If you are comfortable enough to let me in to your home, I am happy to let you there." She said. People let strangers in to their homes constantly, when they had one night stands, for example, no matter how tasteless she thought the practice was. "and what other way will you be able to get the salmon?" He didn't have to come, of course, but she was trying to be kind and inviting.

She was still fairly sure she had seen him before. She was good with faces, she was sure she would be able to recognise him eventually. Ah, maybe she had just seen him around the area. He would stick out, considering how few Japanese people there were here. "I'm going to pay now whatever the decision, so please come if you want some of the salmon." She turned away with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]   The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:17 am

Kiku kept a blank look on his face as he weighed his options. This woman certainly knew what she was doing, Kiku would never think otherwise, and her barest hint of a threat did not go unheard. Sakura could definitely take care of herself. How... familiar. The nagging feeling that Kiku got around the woman was uncanny. He definitely saw this her before, but where? Then, there was the off chance that it might not be someone he knew. Still, he didn't remember ever meeting a Sakura Honda before. What a fascinating person.

He started to walk quickly to catch up to Sakura before staying behind a half of a step so she could lead the way. "I accept your offer," he said. "Thank you very much for doing this." He started to think what he could do in return for the salmon that Sakura did not have to provide. Perhaps he should make his own one day and give back the fish with interest. The problem was, he wasn't entirely sure how to make salted salmon, for he had always bought his own or asked someone else to do it. Oh well, he supposed that's what the internet is for.

As the duo walked the path, he noticed the familiar signs and roads until he saw "Gracefield House" on a sign next to the apartment building. Watching Sakura walk closer to the building, Kiku finally spoke up. "Excuse me, Honda-san, Do you live in that building? That is where I live myself."
Back to top Go down
Sakura Honda

Sakura Honda

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]   The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 am

Shopping paid for and Honda-san at her heels, following her, she began to walk home. "It is quite alright." The fish, she knew was rather bad for her. She probably shouldn't be having so much salt, so cutting back wouldn't do her any harm, not at all. She had always been raised to be polite too, and generous. Her parents would probably be approving of this, and it was always worth being owed a favour too...

They reached the apartment and though he had been mostly quiet and in thought beforehand, he suddenly spoke up. "Oh..." She said. Perhaps that was where she recognised him from then. "Yes... I live on the 6th floor, actually. Well, that is a coincidence!" Things just kept getting stranger... the first Japanese person she had seen in a long time, who has the same last name as her and lives in the same building. If she didn't know better she would have believed that her parents had sent one of her cousins to spy on her.

She sighed and shook her head, "Never mind, it just makes it more convenient." She took out her key and opened the front door in to the lobby. "How long have you been living here, then?" She asked, making her way towards the stairs swiftly and calmly, shopping digging uncomfortably in to the palms of her hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]   The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Search for Salted Salmon [Sakura]
Page 1 of 1