Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)   Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:06 am

The University was quiet at this time of day. Most of the students had finished classes for the day, and his own class had finished so he was free to go home. It was a relief to him, considering he had to endure a couple of hours of being trapped in a room with fifty students. All their voices pounding at his skull, he had almost passed out. Of course he would never do that, he didn't even want to think about what his piers would think. Since his class was over Roderich was allowed to go home.
However, there was one place he needed to visit before he had to leave.

With that thought in mind he took a calming breath and quietly opened the door that was in front of him, his eyes brightning as he took in the room that housed all the instruments in the school.
Roderich was currently in the music room located in the school. It was a place he would come to when he had free time or his brother was away, and since Roderich didn't have enough money to own many of the instruments he loved to play, visiting the Instrument room (not his class room, they were separate. ) was his way of getting away for a while...and it was a time for him to practice his other gift.

Looking about the room to make sure it was empty he strode to the center of the room, it was were his favorite instrument was placed. Smiling a bit, he carefully ran his fingers over the ivory keys of the Grand piano. Sitting himself down on the small bench he positioned his fingers over the keys and began to play, the music filled the room and instantly began to calm his nerves. Closing his eyes, he let the music begin to lull him into a hazy state of mind. Breathing began to calm, his fingers moving expertly across the keys, the headache from earlier dulled to an ache. Just as his mind began to go blank, and the world around him began to fade that's when it happened.

The gift of hearing peoples minds wasn't the only thing Roderich had received the day after the storm. He noticed it when he had been playing his electric keyboard at home. As the music lulled him into a dream like state, he heard voices. They were different from when he read peoples minds (unintentionally), softer and far away. Some sounded like a reporter on the TV, or a conversation that was directed towards him...but he had never spoke of such things before...Until a few day, someone had approached him and their conversation was just like the whispers. And then sometimes the whispers told him things, of events that would happen the next day. It was so hard to explain in words...

And so it began. He lost himself to the music, music filling the room, as the whispers began to tickle his ears.

Someone...coming...

Huh? Someone was coming?
Others...Someone....like...you..

(( AND thats Roddy's other gift :), hearing things before they happen. But the whispers also mean bits and pieces of a conversation that may or may not happen in the future. I also looked up that Clairaudiance is a gift were voices will tell you what will happen, like a warning. Its not necromancy, or dead spirits, more like...uhhh well it said beings who are always around, so I guess Arthur's fairy friends talk to people lol scratch ))

Last edited by Roderich Edelstein on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clementine Bonnefoy

Clementine Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)   Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:05 pm

(( Hope you don't mind Clem jumping in ^-^ ))

Clementine's classes were finally finished for the day and thankfully she didn't have too heavy a workload tonight so she thought she might use the time more constructively and practice her flute playing. She had brought it to the university that morning and kept it in the instrument, having a rather bulky and needlessly heavy case made it very difficult to carry around the campus so she preferred to keep it in here. There was also much less of a chance that it would be forgotten amidst the chaos of the scores of moving bodies moving to and from lecture halls.

She herself preferred practicing in the sound-proofed rooms that the University provided for its music students. In all technicalities she wasn't really supposed to be using them but they were rarely used at this time of day after all of the classes had finished and no-one had ever really objected to her occupying one of them, there were plenty of suites to go around. Clementine disliked practicing in her own apartment greatly, she felt it was too open and the the sound dispersed too much to her liking, she also couldn't shake the feeling that the walls were far too thin and that she was disrupting her neighbours with her practicing.

Walking with a light tread down the corridor leading to the instrument room, her ears caught a faint, delicate melody drifting towards her, and as she advanced, carefully matched lower accompaniments emerged and mixed with the melody beautifully. It was a Classical piece, she noticed, early years of theoretical musical training kicking in, perhaps even bordering on a more Romantic style. She hadn't heard this piece before, perhaps she would ask the musician afterwards who had composed it. She would also have to ask after the pianist themselves, judging by the complexity of the piece and the quality of the playing itself, it would be very beneficial to ask for some advice regarding the music she was currently looking at, though she wasn't too sure how their skills on the piano would translate to playing on the flute. Resting her hand on the handle, she shook her head, it would be a privilege to meet another musician, especially one that played this well.

She would have preferred to wait outside until he had finished to make sure she didn't disturb them but she had feeling that she would be able to hear much better if she was actually in the same room with the instrument. Turning the handle as gently as she could and pushing it open, she quickly stepped inside to keep the draft from following her in and shut the door as silently as she could. It would be better to stay in one spot, Clementine mused, standing silently next to the door, looking at what she could see of the musician through the gap between the open lid and the piano itself.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)   Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED) EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:19 am

(( Nope I don't mind! ^_^ And I'm so sorry for not replying faster D:, work caught up with me :c ))

Roderich hadn't noticed anyone had entered the room, to lost in his own music world. The whispers continued though, most of them where future conversations. And apparently he was going to eat at a cafe' soon. Trivial thing's really, but more important things...the other persons voice was very soft and he couldn't hear. However, it wasn't until he had finished the piano piece he paid attention to what the voice had said that he noticed he wasn't alone.

Here...Person..Like you..here

What? he thought, surprised as the voices left him. His mind opening again he could sense another person in the room, their thoughts where faint since he had rebuilt his mental wall. But it was a person. Looking up from the piano keys he saw the person who had entered, it was a girl. Most likely a student, and since she looked familier she had probably been in his class before.

Oh, someone else wants to use the music room! Remembering his manners, he stood from the piano bench and gave a polite apology. "I am sorry I didn't notice you earlier Miss." He really had to learn how to keep these premonitions in check.
Back to top Go down
Clementine Bonnefoy

Clementine Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)   Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED) EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Clementine had been enjoying the music, the player was clearly a seasoned musician and noted with dismay that it had finished. It took her a second more to realise that the male had actually stood and was looking directly at her and apologising. Clementine flushed lightly at the sudden attention "Oh, no please do continue. I should have waited outside until you were finished..." Her eyes trailed around the room in an attempt to come up with something more as way of explaining why she had interrupted his practice. Remembering she was here to retrieve her flute from the room, she crossed the room and deftly plucked it from its shelf, holding it in front of her as if it would explain her presence. "I was hoping to pick up my flute before I left for the day, I'm so sorry" she apologised profusely "I was not anticipating that anyone would be using the room at this time of day"

Clementine's curiosity soon got the better of her and letting her fingers fiddle with the raised patterning of her flute case, she addressed the older male tentatively "Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the piece you were playing, if you don't mind me asking?" Hopefully she would be able to find a part online that she could transcribe a melody from.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)   Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED) EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Roderich shook his head, smiling politely. "No, it's no trouble. I don't mind that you where here." He really didn't mind an audience, his little brother liked listening to him so he had gotten over that shyness. He sat back down as she went to retraive something. He noted, when he saw what it was he blinked. Ah, she's a music student. That would explain why she's here. He didn't know that some of the students used the room for practice, and he deduced that she probably didn't get a chance to practice at home. When she began to apologize for interrupting him he shook his head, "There's no need to apologize." he explained calmly, "I usually don't come here often, that may be why you didn't expect me."

He blinked, surprised that someone had asked. "Oh, it was 'Moonlight Sonata'. It's one of my favorite pieces," he gestured to one of the chairs that was beside the piano. "Would you want to play along?" He hadn't done a duet in awhile, but he was interested to see get to know this young woman. The voices had told him "someone like him" was here...and she was the only one here. Roderich wanted to know if she had powers like him and Simon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)   Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Music and...Premonitions? (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 1