Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Kirkland

Peter Kirkland

Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] Empty
PostSubject: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:06 am

What a beautiful day! Peter was a little groggy but already knew the day was his. He might have gotten a late start but whatever! Peter stretched around and accidentally smacked his hand into the wall and then he heard a 'crunch'. He looked around and then saw a large indent in the wall next to him. He had to blink a few times before realized what had happened. Peter didn't know how to explain this so he just wrote it off on growing strong and, therefore, will be recognized as an adult faster.

After getting glared at a little by 'Uncle' for putting a giant dent in his bedroom wall he quickly gathered his small bit of saving to go the candy store. He slipped on a pair of shorts, a blue t-shirt, and a pair of sneakers for his quest.

Peter didn't know how he put had managed to hit his hand hard enough against the wall to cause that damage or why it didn't hurt him until a minute or two afterwords. But all that didn't matter now. He was going to get candy!

What? It's not childish to be exited over getting candy. Peter should know, he's a grown-up. It's perfectly normal for an adult to go to the candy shop and stuff his face with candy. Gosh, Peter loved candy. He scolded himself every time every time he binged because it's hard for people to take you seriously with chocolate on your face. He learned that the hard way.

After hugging 'Uncle', Peter ran out the door with a spring in his step to the elevator. He rounded to corner and got in the elevator. He hummed a few bars of song he needed to remember for school to drown out the elevator music. The elevator was empty, just the way he liked it. He always felt short surrounded by tall adults. Not that he wasn't one! He was a grown-up. Just a young, short one.

Peter whistled as walked out of the apartment building. The storm was worse than he thought. Trees had fallen and grass was burned. To him it looked as if an alien fight had come through and messed everything up! Peter's short attention span prevented him from caring beyond the first few seconds of shock. Before long he was walking down the street to the shop.

When he had reached his destination Peter walked right in the shop and grabbed a chocolate bar. That was the first thing on his mental candy shopping list. He said hello to the shop keep, who he was good friends with, and continued to look around the store for new treats and goodies. Not a few seconds has passed from when Peter entered to when a new fellow walked in. He looked old enough to be accepted by society as an adult. Time to make some friends and reach grown-up-hood!
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:40 am

...shake that ass like you know how to dance, Hollywood we're never going down!

A groan sounded from under the covers as a hand reached out to hit the alarm clock.

Take me to the candy shop!

Oh, for fuck's sake! Alfred threw the covers off him, grabbed the stupid alarm clock, and chucked it at the wall with a flick of his wrist, embedding it right next to a piece of wood still in it after the night of the storm. Hmph, served the stupid alarm right. If it had shut up, it wouldn't have found its death in a concrete wall.

However stupid and suicidal it might have been, the clock did give him a great idea. It's been so long since he had gorged himself out on sweets and he had some money from that old lady after getting her cat off a tree. (Even though he objected to being paid. He was a Hero after all, they didn't get paid for saving the day! But the extra cash was nice.)

To the candy shop it was.

He power walked down the street to the nearest candy shop, now eager to get himself something sweet and endorphin-inducing. Like chocolate. Oh yes, definitely chocolate.

Alfred walked into the store right after a kid and waved at the shop keep. They already knew each other, of course. Alfred always came here to get snacks for his monthly all-night-all-day video game marathon and he and the shop keep tended to bond over violent and bloody video games.
Back to top Go down
Peter Kirkland

Peter Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:36 am

Peter walks up to the new shopper. That's when he realized that he couldn't be more than 20 years old. He's still only a young adult in the eyes of society. His recognition might not sway everyone to say that he's a grown-up. That's when Peter took a second to think.

How is he going to get his recognition anyway? Peter didn't even know his name. Well, first things first, time to get to know this knew fellow! Even if this new person didn't admit that he was an adult at least he might make a friend.

Peter wanted to deny it but ever since he moved here he's been a little lonely. Sure he had a few friends at school but none of them ever had the time to hang out after school. The only people he knew in the building were Uncle and Jerk Brother, one's whose opinion would seem biased and the other would never recognize him ( Jerk of England has a prank coming his way). But even having a friend in the general area would be nice. If he's coming in to get candy then at least they have one thing in common.

"Hello there!" He called to the new store patron. Peter waited eagerly for how this conversation would go.
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:26 am

He loved the smell of this shop. It was a warm, sweet scent, unlike the annoyingly crisp and fresh smell of most other shops. Here, it was all chocolate and fudge and deliciousness, not disinfectant or cheap air freshener. The smell was making him hungry. Better get his chocolate and sweets as fast as possible.

Before he could run down the aisles in search of treats however, a voice stopped him. Alfred looked down at a kid about as tall as his waist looking up at him eagerly. Not one to question friendly strangers talking to him, he grinned down at the kid. "Hey! What's up? Shopping for sweets too?" Well, duh. What else would he be doing in a sweet's shop? He was pretty sure if a kid came into a candy shop, they wouldn't leave without at least a bar of chocolate. He had always been that way, at least.

No wonder his father never took Alfred with him when he went out. Alfred would have dragged the old man into every single candy shop there was in NYC. And that was a lot, trust him. He quickly scolded himself internally for thinking of his father, knowing that it would only get him down. He decided to focus on his new friend instead.
Back to top Go down
Peter Kirkland

Peter Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:54 am

"Yes I am! My name is Peter, what's yours?" Peter liked this guy already. If this new man had been snooty like Peter's brother… he wouldn't be here for one. And two, He would have said something like 'what are you doing talking to me you sea urchin?'

But something was more different about him than that. It took a few seconds for Peter to realize it 'He has an accent!' "You're not from around here, are you?" Peter took a few seconds to wonder where this fellow's from. If Peter could use this to his advantage, then they could become friend's faster and then he can recognize Peter as a grown-up! Perfect!
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:23 pm

"I'm Alfred! Nice to meet 'cha!" He held his hand out to the kid, offering him a handshake. When he himself was young, well, younger, he had always liked it when he could shake the hand of an adult. It made him feel like a big boy.

Alfred tilted his head, surprised that even Peter could see that he was foreign. Americans really did stick out like a sore thumb in England, didn't they? Or was it just him? Either way, he didn't mind. He was proud to be American and he had no problem with letting the world know of his origins.

Putting one of his hands on his hip and shifting his weight, Alfred pointed at himself with his thumb, a large grin playing on his face. "I'm from the US of A, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave!" He could hear the shopkeep snort in the background at his heroic posture and proclamation. Alfred didn't care; they guy should already be used to Alfred's patriotism and his interesting ways of showing it.
Back to top Go down
Peter Kirkland

Peter Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:56 am

Peter smiled and enthusiastically grabs the hand of Alfred and shook it repeatedly. "You too Mr.Alfred!" He smiles, it feels nice to be equal to an adult… Peter is a grown-up at heart but he needed some help showing it to others.

"Woah! That's cool!" America had always seemed like the perfect vacation place for Peter. With tons of candy, sweets, sodas, and internet it was like heaven. And now finding out this new guy was from there was awesome. "What part of America as you from?" From what Peter had heard there are over 50 states in America, they're like regions but bigger! England only has nine. America is a huge place.
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 3:47 am

Alfred puffed his head out slightly without actually meaning to. "I know, right?" His country was the most awesome, the greatest, the BEST country in the world! And, to tell the truth, Alfred always felt strangely flattered when people admitted how cool his country was instead of judging it and calling it by all sorts of derogatory terms. "Ever been there?" Unlikely, for the kid seemed pretty young, but not impossible.

"Depends what you mean on coming from. I was born in Virginia, lived in Texas, and spent the last few years in NYC before coming here." He hadn't visited all 50 states yet but he was getting there. At least, he hoped so. He wanted to see everything his country had to offer before discovering the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
Peter Kirkland

Peter Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:28 am

"Nope, but I want to! It seems like an amazing place." Peter replied. America seems like such a cool place, especially NYC. He's heard so many wonderful things about it, but sadly Peter's pretty much stayed in the UK all his life. Peter's dreamed of visiting every important country's biggest city. Small kid, big dreams.

"Wow, you've been a lot of places! Lucky! I've really only really lived in my home town and then came here to live with my jerk brother." He pouted a little and messed with his eyebrows. "Stupid Arthur."
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Alfred practically glowed. "It is! And I think you would love NYC! There's the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge and all the famous stuff, of course, but I could show you all the smaller things that makes New York New York! Like, there's an awesome candy shop in Brooklyn and I know a playground with a giant slide! Big enough to fit even me! Oh, and there are the flash mobs! Do you know what a flash mob is?" Oh yes, Alfred loved his home very much.

He chuckled. "Hey, you can always travel when you earn your money, right? You can spend it on whatever you want!" Then he tilted his head. "You know, it's funny. I know an Arthur too who's a jerk. And he's totally creepy and has giant eyebrows and makes fun of me and I just know he hates me."
Back to top Go down
Peter Kirkland

Peter Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:20 am

The boy's eyes widen "NYC sounds like wonderland! Candy shops and slides and giant attractions and flash mobs… What is a flash mob?" from the sounds of it a flash mob might be a mob of people who shine flashlights into people's eyes at random times. That sounds a little dangerous.

Peter gasped. Giant eyebrows? Could they be the same eyebrows that have haunted the Kirkland family and all of it's relatives since the beginning of time? It must be!"That's him! That's my jerk brother! Is he still super sarcastic?" What a coincidence! "Where do you know him from? I haven't seen him since he wouldn't let me live with him in his apartment. "
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:41 am

He laughed. "I guess it does! And, you know, Disney World is in Florida! It's the largest park dedicated to Disney in the whole wide world!" Oh, Disney World. The only place he had ever visited in Florida. And it lived up to its name 'the happiest place on Earth'. "Ya gotta see one on YouTube! It's like, some kinda music starts playing and all these people start dancing to it on the street, at the beach, completely in sync! It's awesome! And pretty common in New York, for example at Times Square."

Oh yes, Eyebrows definitely sounded like a jerk brother. "Sarcastic, an ass, and fl- mean? Hell yeah." He almost said flaming gay. Outing the guy to his own little brother would have been an ugly move. If Peter even knew what gay meant. "I met him in the stairwell. And in the bar." Alfred frowned. "Why wouldn't he let you live in his apartment? I mean, my bro lives in the same house as me, but I wouldn't mind living with him again." He could only remember about a year of living with Mattie and he wouldn't mind trying it out again.
Back to top Go down
Peter Kirkland

Peter Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 am

America sounded like a party, all fun and games from what he's heard from Alfred and seen on the web. Peter couldn't shake the nagging sensation of what his older brother would say about this. In the very short about of time Peter knew his brother he got a hold of the basics of his personality. No doubt his brother'd be sneering or saying something like ' You twat, can't you see your country is terrible! Bloody America always screwing up the worlds affairs-' he would then go on a long rant and then have a cup of tea. Oh, that reminds him " Is there anything you don't like about America?"

"It was something along the lines of 'You knocked over all of my books and you're annoying so bugger off. Go back to Mum like a good boy.' And slammed to door in my face." Peter sighed. Arthur was quite a hand full, anger wise.
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 am

His reflex answer would have been an immediate 'no'. The US was awesome, why wouldn't he love it wholeheartedly? But the truth was, even though he loved his country, he wasn't blind to its faults. It was made up of people, so of course it wouldn't be perfect.

"Sometimes the politics. And I hate it when people are racist or when they commit crimes and then say that they're free, so they had the right to do it. Not many people do that, I know, but those who do piss me off. Know what I'm saying?" He couldn't really expect a kid to understand crime and all that stuff. He himself was pretty much under the impression that crimes were always committed by super villains and a hero always stopped them when he was younger.

He raised an eyebrows, frowning in bewilderment. "Seriously? He kicked you out just for knocking over his books?" He huffed. "He's such a jerky douche. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]   Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred] Empty

Back to top Go down

Unstoppable Sweet Tooth [Alfred]
Page 1 of 1