Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character age question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Estonia

Former Estonia

Character age question Empty
PostSubject: Character age question   Character age question EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 pm

I figured it would be best to ask here before making an application. I know my reserve hasn't been approved yet but it may be useful for future players too.

For characters who are under 18 and therefore cannot live alone without parental consent or would not legally be allowed to sign a contact, must they have a parent or guardian living with them or is it possible for them to live alone, having a lenient land-lord and a co-signed contract for the sake of RP? I kind of feel like I just answered my own question but I just wanted to make sure in case you had any particular regulations.

Also, one small suggestion but maybe you should proof read some of your moderation posts since I noticed the odd typo (things like interract rather than interact, for instance). Like I said, it's not a big thing. I'm probably just getting hung up on details.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Character age question   Character age question EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm not going to lie, I'm no expert on UK law, particularily around ages of emancipation and housing, ect. However, I do believe that you can live by yourself when you're 16, as you can work and pay taxes, ect.

I think that in this context, Gracefield house is used as a bit of a boarding house for the nearby private school, as mentioned. So there must be some kind of contract, between the school, parents of the child and a temporary guardian of the child so that younger students can live there. I presume that they would have to have a legal guardian while in the country, the landlord, perhaps? I hope that answers your question.

And yes, I'm sorry, I'm really bad with spelling. I'll look over it when I get home, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Former Estonia

Former Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Character age question   Character age question EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 pm

It's fine, I'm not either. It just occurred to me that some characters have have been a bit young to be living on their own so I ended up looking for the actual laws but it was a bit difficult to find.

I guess there's always the possibility of aging up characters slightly, which I seemed to forget about.

Thank-you all the same, this helps me out a lot in figuring out history and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character age question   Character age question Empty

Back to top Go down

Character age question
Page 1 of 1