Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Feliciano Vargas

Feliciano Vargas

Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy Empty
PostSubject: Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy   Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:57 pm

~Feliciano Vargas~

Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy Ap005

Name: Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas
Age: Nineteen, twenty this march~ Twenty-one, twenty-two this march
Birthday: March 17th
Country of Origin: Italy
Floor in the building: Second Floor
How long they've lived in the building: Two years ~a year and nine months (changed to coincide with Lovino)
Job: He's a full time student, Visual Arts, specifically painting and sculpture (with a focus in realism for both)
Powers:
Color-changing/Dump Bucket Tool
Reverse Empathy

Appearance: In all honesty, Feliciano isn't that remarkable. He's not particularly tall or particularly short, and while he's not wide he's not all too thin, either. In fact, he's got a nice little bit of pudge on him from being spoiled for too long and being too lazy to run it off, though a fast metabolism and a habit to forget to eat when working on a project he's particularly excited about helps keep him from getting too far overweight, it certainly doesn't keep him skinny. In fact, he's entirely unremarkable as far as appearance goes. Short brown hair, with equally unremarkable brown eyes, he's not much to look at - it's more the personality and quirks that catch the eye.

Feliciano looks young - and probably will no matter his age - his ever-present smile melts the years off of his features more convincingly than any cream ever could. He looks young because he acts young, and has an air of innocence and youth about him at all times. His eyes are bright and his face nearly constantly bears the signs of joy because he simply refuses to allow himself to feel sad (see the personality section for more on this subject).

He tends to carry about him a very light air, it's very hard to upset him and he carries with him a love of the world and all things in it, and as such it tends to make him a very bright and open person. He rarely hides secrets on his face, and the only lines he carries upon it are laugh lines. He tends to be big and open with his gestures, and just a little bit flamboyant. He's very trusting, and so almost never has a suspicious look about him. It'd probably pain him to think that way about someone, to be honest.

He has artists hands in that he takes very good care of them. They are, after all, what he lives by other than the allowance he gets from his family. So he keeps them very clean - they're also incredibly steady. Because he has spent so much time working with them, he has incredible control over his hands, so while they're very animated and help him to speak, there's never any uncertainty about where they're headed or why. He's very deliberate with what he puts them through, and treats them with the same care he would a brush.

Feliciano is very careful in the way he dresses - he likes to look nice, and is a bit of a fashionista at heart. He won't wear anything with wrinkles in it, and always keeps to the height of fashion. He's particularly fond of blues as they suit him well, but doesn’t like to limit himself, so he'll wear just about anything as long as it looks classy and nice, even at the sacrifice of personal comfort. His clothes are always neatly pressed and well taken care of… …except when he's in the studio. When he's in the studio he tends to wear only old raggy clothes that have been so regularly died by paints and covered in clay and dust and all other sorts of mess that their original colour and sometimes even shape are now completely lost to time and the stress of the studio. He usually brings a change of clothes with him so that he can look nice before and after and still have the liberty to get messy during.

Personality: Feliciano is happy to a fault. Even when he's upset he manages to be almost happy about it, there's nothing he's more capable of then smiling , except, perhaps, forgetting. Feliciano's got forgetting down to an art form. Rather than be burdened down by a lifetime of potentially bad memories - he lost his parents at a very young age and was raised, instead, by his Nonno or Grandfather - he just pushes the bad away until he forgets it happened at all, or only has vague memories of it. Forgive and forget, and he's great at both. He's perfected the art of being the happy idiot (because no one wants to kick a puppy in the face, and he's just as happy and excitable as one), he's found that with the right air of naiveté people won't hurt you as much, they'll even try to take care of you (or take advantage of you, but shh, see below as to why he doesn't really notice or expect that of people). It's not that he's stupid, or weak, or a coward. It's that he'd rather be naïve then be hurt by the world, he doesn't want to fight, so he doesn't do it well, and it's easier to be weak and be taken care of then have to try and be strong all the time, and risk failing yourself and others.

He has a very childish outlook on the world - he tends to only see the good in people, no matter what they may have done to him or others in the past, and often seems like he has no idea about the bad things going on in the world. This is, in a way, true. He ignores them. He ignores them so expertly that he cam sometimes forget that anything's going on at all. He still believes in happy endings, and sun filled afternoons and good ends to every story, despite a world of proof to the contrary. Instead of seeing a million places where life has denied this image, he sees and clings to the ten where it's rung true. He lives in a world where doors don't need to be locked and people keep their promises, always (because you can never ever break a promise, not ever).

Feliciano loves to talk and flirt and eat good food - basically he just wants to enjoy the good in life and so turns a blind eye to the bad whenever possible. Part of this comes from his childhood. Despite the early death of his parents, Feliciano was incredibly lucky, and had someone to care for and love him through most of his younger years. His Grandfather was in rather good standing when he took Feliciano in, and so he was cared for, coddled, even. Feliciano was spoiled and at times he truly acts it. Feliciano is forgiving and loving, yes, but he also wants what he wants when he wants it. If he doesn't get good food, or the attention he desires, etc., he's not above whining, meddling, or tearing up to get it. He's got such a reputation as an innocent little idiot that it's hard to notice that he can actually be quite manipulative. He knows exactly when to start wibbling his lip and tearing up and making that face (we all know it - the one that makes you feel guilty for even thinking about telling the person making it no, the one that makes you feel like you just kicked a wet, starving puppy).

Feliciano is also an incredibly devoted to the things and people he loves. He's spent his whole life up until now working on improving his art, for example. While he may be lazy about some (okay, a lot) of things, his work in the visual arts is something he never shirks on, and he makes a point to practise every day, no matter if he has inspiration or not, to make sure that he continues to improve. When he loves some one (be it platonic love or romantic love) he loves them with all of himself. He throws himself headlong into it, and them, and will do anything and everything within his power to make sure that they are okay. Which, given that he's not confrontational or able to really fight their battles for them, usually takes the form of being a giant emotional cushion for them.

He's a romantic. I don't think I need to go into this too much, given that it's pretty obvious what a romantic is.
Feliciano is from a very religious family, so it often comes as a surprise to people to find out that he's not that religious himself. He'll go to church with his brother on big holidays, but he doesn't exactly believe in God anymore. He's not sure what he believes in, to be honest, but if asked about it will probably tell you that he believes in being nice to people and saying sorry and holding doors for pretty ladies and kissing scraped knees. That he believes in smiling and the sun coming out and getting a big blanket and snuggling before a fire when it's storming outside, that you should be nice to your brother when he's being cranky and forgive him for throwing shoes at your head when you annoy him. He believes that hugs make people happier and so does good pasta, and that maybe everyone should smile a little more because it's a lot harder to be upset when everyone's smiling, especially when you're part of everyone too.

* His brother
* Peace times
* Painting
* Cooking
* Sculpting
* Pretty girls
* Flowers
* Warm days
* Hugs
* Uhm, uhm, uhm, a lot of other things, too!

Dislikes:
X Bad food!
X His brother when he's in an angry fit.
X Fighting. It's not the conflict he's so scared of (he can argue with the best of them), it's the violence involved. Can't everyone just talk it out?
X Loosing his most important people (again). See history.
X Really stiff uncomfortable clothing
X Unrest in general

Any other information:
~ He's dead terrified of being left alone, or loosing people he loves (after all, he lost his first love, and he's never really gotten over it, and his parents have died and… well...) it's part of why he's so clingy.
~ Childish as it is, he's scared of the dark
~ He's really picky about his food and won't eat it if it's not good enough.
~ He's not an idiot, either, but people underestimate him when they think he is, and tend to leave him alone.
~ He's mostly straight, but there are a few exceptions
~ He usually sells his projects as soon as his portfolio has been graded, and spends his spare time making other pieces and working on commission. So while he's a fully time student you could consider his profession "not-quite-starving artist" or "freeloader who paints to keep his family sending money".
~ It's weird writing him so young, so please bare with me. I usually make him older because he is a rather old nation at least with my timeline for him, but I really wanted to make him a Uni student because I can. So. Uhm. Please be gentle with me?
~ He's bilingual, speaking both English - American English - and Italian. He also knows bits and pieces of latin from taking it in school, but can't really remember it.

History: Feliciano first started out as a wrinkled, red-faced, bawling baby in Messina, Sicily, on March seventeenth nearly twenty years past. Like most babies, he was pudgy, had toes and fingers people liked to marvel at, and bore a vague resemblance to the late Winston Churchill. Unlike most babies, but still like some, he was born just after another child, his twin brother Lovino. At about four the Vargas family moved to New York, New York in the America's, following a job offer their father received. They lived happily in New York for two years until a car crash took the lives of Feliciano's parents, and both brothers were pushed into the foster care system either until a family member claimed them, or until they became legal adults and could leave. In Feliciano's case he was very lucky, and after less than a year his Grandfather came to take him home with him. As for Lovino? Feliciano had no idea where his brother ended up, only that it wasn't with him.

Home, as it turned out, was in the heart of Tuscany, and there Feliciano lived quite happily for the remainder of his childhood. He was a rather spoiled child, grown fat and complacent on the love of a grandparent Feliciano very rarely knew scolding and want was something that lasted a few weeks in fits of whimsy before he usually managed to talk his caretaker into getting what he wanted, provided it wasn't vastly unreasonable (which, of course, it was at times. Everyone has their faults, and one of Feliciano's just happened to be that he would shamelessly expect to eventually receive whatever he wanted).

The nice thing about this is that it usually comes true, even the unreasonable. The most notable case of this would be his reunion with his brother. After years and years of wanting to see him again - and imagining him in such a light that led Feliciano to somewhat idealise the Lovino he knew, somewhat beyond the image of what he really used to be - he finally was contacted again during the final two years of secondary school, and when classes ended he finally got to reconnect with his brother in person.

Now he's in London attending the Chelsea College of Art and Design. He's in his second semester and living with his brother, Lovino. After missing most of their life together they're making the most of having one another again. Even though that means Lovino has to put up with a lot of clinging to his brother and crying about missing his nonno and generally being the very tactile person he always is. Because no way is Feli ever going to change.

Details of their powers:
Italy's first power is about as useless as he is. Which is to say it can be quite useful, but only if you think very carefully about the ways you can apply it. He can change colours of individual features - ie., he can change a white stripe to pink, or a stroke of paint into whatever colour he'd rather use, but if he wanted to change, say, the colour of a plaid skirt he'd have to do it individually by section. So he can't colour over things that are multiple shades - like the dump bucket feature in Paint, if anyone still remembers that.

His second is a bit more useful, but much harder to control without a lot of discipline which he has next to none of. He's a very sympathetic fellow, and has a sort of reverse empathy about him. If he's feeling sad and pitiful chances are the people around him will feel so as well. The idea of infectious happiness, for him, is more than just an idea. It's fact. When he gets a really strong emotion, he can sometimes start to shift other's emotions to the same one. But he can't, say, make someone else feel sad if he's angry. He can only make them feel what he's feeling. It's nice, though, because if he really wants something, chances are whoever he wants it from is going to start to really want him to have it too, provided they aren't too strong of will. Unfortunately, because Feliciano is a very emotional fellow, it's pretty easy for this to get out of hand.

RP Sample: (Okay, so most of them seem to be reactions to the storm so I figured I'd do that too~)

He had been asleep when the first rain began to fall. Well, no. He'd been trying to sleep, but inspiration was on the cusp of his mind and it wouldn't allow rest. Rain in London, was, of course, regular and so Feliciano took no notice, despite how it pounded against the glass, hard and heavy as if trying to break through.

Deciding that sleep was going to elude him until he'd at least sketched out a vague impression of his idea, the Italian slipped out from his sheets, feet settling onto the cool floor as he stood, careful to be quiet lest he stir Lovino. Moving across the floor he slipped out into the main living space, shutting the bedroom door carefully behind him before turning on the light and moving to his desk. It was cluttered, as always, so he spent a few seconds clearing off the surface before settling himself down, pencil in hand.

The air felt electric, and before his lead even touched the paper he felt a thrill up his spine. Whatever this was that had seized his mind, something told him it'd be good, it'd be brilliant, really worth something, inspired. His hand flew across the page, lines blooming from the tip of his lead as he worked, intent enough that he didn't even notice the flashes and booms that began to dance through the night's sky. It wasn't until a burning shock flew through him that he froze, blinded momentarily and shocked, feeling crisped and likely to fall to bits at the slightest move he shook, half deafened by the blast that had come with the shock. Quaking, Feliciano looked down at his shaking hands as if to ascertain that he was indeed still whole… and gasped.

Under the tip of his pencil sprouted the lines he had marked down, but gone was the thick grey lines of lead and in their place the work glimmered through the colours of the rainbow, flowing into one another across the page, each line a new shade, evenly coloured as he'd never manage even with the steadiest of hands. How- he could not fathom the reality of the change, not with the shock of near death still shadowed over him. Shaking, he dragged the pencil in another line.

Grey. Grey as graphite. Nothing special to it. He frowned. He'd expected blue or turquoise or-

And then it was. Starting from one end and filling across it shifted to a deep navy.

He- wha- how?

All rational thought fled, he could do no more but stare at the page in perplexed wonder.

~OOC~

Name: Ember, but call me whatever you wish
Timezone/Country: PST/America (though back home soon, hopefully! So someday back to GMT.)
A little about yourself: There's not much interesting about me, I don't think. Uhm. I sing. Like, professionally, I make my living through musicals as well as through tech work at a veterinary hospital and am also a full-time student working on my double major and minor (in Modern Western European History, 17th century Literature and Lore, and the minor in musical theatre/performing arts) because I'm insane.

I'm. Oh. This one's interesting. I'm Engstralican. English-Australian-American. Born in Ohio, raised in Bootle, and frequently shipped off to Canberra because of step mothers. So I have the weirdest accent in the world as it ranges all over the three countries, and a bit all over the place within them too (because I'm randomly very West Coast American and very Midwest, and while I have a strong Liverpool accent at times it can also be weirdly West, and I sound like I'm from Queensland at times despite only having been their twice. IDK, man). Also leads to a bit of an interesting dialect as I mash all three together quite a bit. So sorry about that.

...things I have scary obsessions with...

the Arthurian Legend, and the history of Arthur as well as that of the Legend itself (I actually did a giant research paper on it for my senior thesis but finished a year and a half early after starting it in my freshman year, whoops? So, yeah, two and a half years of intensive research on the subject have made me a dork).
Theatre in most forms, though I prefer straight plays to the musical despite getting more work in the latter.
Certain books that would take too long to list here, but ask and you shall receive.
Italian (particularly Sicilian) history from 1400 to 1570.

Historical figures I have had the pleasure to Chautauqua (currently Amelia Earhart is up because I'll be doing a gig as her in February for a local highschool who requested it - working in living history is fun!). These include, but are not limited to... Elizabeth I, Amelia, Jeanne d'Arc, Mary Queen of Scots, Isabella I, Camilla Baglioni, Lucretia Borgia, Jane the Nine Days Queen, Queen Victoria, Jane Austin, Emily Bronte, and.... more Italians then I can currently list, so I'll break now. Basically I'm a dork who gets paid to be historical people~ wheee.

There's more. But I'm lazy now, ahah...

English history is my forte, with Italian as a close second.

Uhm.

Oh. Yes. I get hospitalised regularly, so if I'm gone, for, like, four days or so, that's why. Don't worry, it's probably totally routine. I just have a lot of medical issues.

Anything Else?: Silver, I suppose? Or Navy blue. Yes. Though his is a pale blue~
Back to top Go down
http://rennskye.tumblr.com
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy   Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Awww, so cute! Okay, you're accepted! ouo You can change your name and start posting, all that jazz.
Back to top Go down

Feliciano Giovanni Delmazio Vargas || Italia del Norte/North Italy
Page 1 of 1