Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] Empty
PostSubject: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Work was slow today. Well, it was slow every day but today it was particularly slow. It really didn't call for the number of servers that were on but they couldn't be sent home because what if there was a sudden influx of customers? Halimeda sighed and pushed her pen across the counter, watching it roll away from her and then roll right back.

Hali didn't exactly love her job, but she did depend on it for things like food and shelter. And with no one coming in for her to wait on, the amount of money she got to pay for those was lessened greatly. After all, every single tip she made was put into the jar and split among the workers at the end of their shift - so if she made $50 in tips and someone else made a quarter, they would each get an equal amount and her tips would decrease. It wasn't the most ideal circumstance in the world, and Halimeda ever looked forward to the day when she would have a job that didn't rely on tips.

But anyway. If no one got any tips because no one was coming in, then everyone suffered because there would be no money to spread around and it was just not ideal. So Halimeda periodically pinned her eyes on the door, watching for a customer to come in so she could take his or her order and actually make some money today. Because she really really needed the money.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 am

Francis suppressed a yawn as he walked down the streets, having quit work earlier today. Ah, it was always so nice to get to go home earlier - he got a lot more time to do whatever he wanted to! The only problem was that he didn't really know what to do, or rather, didn't feel like doing anything. Maybe he should get some groceries shopping done?

But he really didn't feel like doing any cooking right now - not when his energy was running low. He hadn't gotten much to eat for breakfast this morning since he had managed to set his alarm at the wrong time, and almost ran late for work. Then he didn't have any time for a break so that he could have gotten himself a proper snack. So maybe, he should get something to eat before doing anything else.

Looking around, he spotted a quite nice looking restaurant. But it looked empty from what he saw from outside the windows. He had a vague memory of being there once or twice before, but he often went to other places that were seen as just a bit more fancy than this. This restaurant seemed to look good though, so after a quick fixing of his hair, he opened the door and stepped inside.

It really was empty, but it didn't bother Francis too much. Some peace and calm was always appreciated. Also, he might be able to chat with a good looking waiter or waitress, without them having to run off just because someone else were begging for their attention. Humming to himself, he went over to take a seat by a window - it was always fun to look at people passing by on the street.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:28 am

And then the bell rang. Halimeda perked up and immediately claimed this one, moving quickly from around the counter to get to him first. He was seated in her section, which made it even better. She came to a smooth stop in front of the table, smiling brightly at him. "Hello there! My name is Hali, and I'll be your server today. Our special is tomato soup with cheese stuffed garlic bread." She handed him a menu and beamed. "If you need anything just wave to me and I'll come right over." Since there was no one else there, she could definitely do what she just said.

Nodding at him, she moved to lean against the counter and act as if she wasn't completely desperate to take his order. Not that she wanted him out quickly, but work was better than complete and utter boredom in the end.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:10 am

While he was the only costumer in the restaurant for the very moment, he did feel pleasantly surprised that someone came to him so quickly.

"'ello, miss," he greeted with a smile. Tomato soup didn't sound much too bad, but he'd try that another time. He didn't really feel for any soup right now. Maybe he'd go with a good salad if there was any. Or maybe fish. Fish was always good.

Taking the menu into his hands, he ignored the sudden fading of the menu and the sight of her fingers through the material. It still made him grip the menu harder. "Thank you darling, I sure will," he said and put on a charming smile, closing his eyes for a moment to get his normal vision back. He hated these moments when he saw through things. It wasn't normal, and it was especially awkward when there was other people around him...

The sight of her happy face as he opened his eyes made him relax a bit, and the fact that he didn't see through anything made him even more calm. Though, as she walked away, he couldn't help but wonder where he'd seen her before... She looked so familiar, and he just knew that he had seen her somewhere.

Not thinking more of it for the moment, he leaned back in his seat and lifted one leg to rest it on top of the other, and opened the menu to take a good look at it. It took a while before he managed to make up his mind, and waited until she looked his way before waving her over.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm

He was a seemingly nice enough man, who did look like the type who would want to talk. In Hali's eyes, there was something on his mind that was weighing him down. Of course, she could just be hoping for some slight entertainment, but she wasn't often wrong about why people held themselves in certain ways. In addition to that, he looked familiar - which wasn't exactly the greatest thing in the world as it always became a bit awkward when she recognized people. If she recognized him because he had been to the cafe before than she would have been able to place him. Since Halimeda couldn't, that meant that he had to be from somewhere else. And wherever that elsewhere was, it was incredibly awkward and unwanted.

Shaking her head a little, Halimeda pulled her hair up into a ponytail and then tied into a knot at the base of her neck. She would have done it earlier, but there hadn't been anyone to wait on and so she hadn't needed to worry about getting hair in their food. Now she did though, and so she would have to be careful. Not many people had hair as long as hers, and therefore it was incredibly easy to place who the hair belonged to. And then she got fined for not having her hair up and out of the way. It just made a huge mess that Halimeda wasn't in any desire to deal with.

She perked up a little as the customer waved at her, bouncing over to him carefully and pulling her order pad out with a flourish that was possibly unnecessary. "What can I get you hun?" She flashed him a smile, looking happy and energized. That was the role of a waitress after all - there was no time for sickness or exhaustion or things like that.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 am

Oh, if she only knew! He was a man who would gladly speak of his worries to anyone he met, and seemed willing to listen. But his sudden ability to see through things wasn't something that he'd tell anyone, even though he was feeling so out of place about it - and neither could he control it! Sometimes he was wondering if maybe he had gone insane, maybe it was just his mind playing tricks on him. It wasn't normal, and he refused to go to someone and get it checked up on. He couldn't even handle the thought of it without his fingers trembling visibly.

He watched the waitress come over to his side, full of energy and what looked like happiness. Though he did wonder a little about her, under the skin, since he himself worked with waiters and waitresses - even jumping in sometimes to take someone's place! - and knew that one always had to show a good side. Everyone who worked with other people needed to smile and show strangers their good sides. Even he, as a chef, who rarely went outside of the kitchen unless asked or he felt like it - needed to be polite and only show a smile.

"I would like a grilled chicken salad, please~" he said, smiling charmingly at her as he closed the menu, then held it out to give it back. "And I'll just 'ave some water to drink~"

He took notice of the fact that she had put her hair back, giving a whole nother view of her. She really was a beautiful woman - all natural fairness. But he couldn't help but be a little irritated... Where in the world had he seen this woman before? He would try to figure it out while waiting for his food. Hopefully, he would find at least something tucked away in that head of his.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:41 am

Nodding and writing down his order, Hali tucked the menu under her arm. "I'll bring that out to you as soon as possible, just sit tight for a bit." She gave him a smile and took the order back to the one chef the cafe had. She got the water right away, as there was obviously no preparation involved with a glass of water beyond pouring the liquid into the glass, and was told that the salad would take anywhere between five and ten minutes to prepare.

Halimeda brought the drink out to him and put it down on one of the fancy coasters that management insisted they used, giving him another smile. "The salad will be out shortly." She nodded and tucked her pen behind her ear. Hesitating and considering him, she made a small thoughtful noise. "I don't meant to pry, but you seem a bit upset. Is there anything bothering you?" And can she use the conversation to place him? Because the recognition was beginning to get bothersome for her.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:45 am

"Thank you, miss," Francis said, nodding a little as he watched her walk away again, just to see her come back rather quickly. But he did order water, so he hadn't expected anything else, really. He smiled and nodded again as she said that his salad would be served in just a moment. The positive side with ordering a salad was that you never really had to wait very long to get your order. "Sounds good," he said.

Blinking, he looked at her - feeling surprised at her invitation for a conversation about his... Well-being. Oh, how he wished to just pour out his feelings and tell her about his problems, but he just couldn't. She would think that he was crazy, and who knew what that would lead to... "Oh, dear - do not see it as prying. I really appreciate it that you care, but you really wouldn't believe me if I told you..." he chuckled quietly, and slowly ran his fingers through his hair. "Sometimes, even I don't believe in myself when I think of my problem. So I discard it like if it was a bad dream, or something caused by stress."
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Inwardly cringing at the surprise on his face, Halimeda prepared to apologize for intruding on his life in that manner. And then he started talking. Listening to him, Hali leaned against the table and nodded faintly, giving him an understanding smile. "I've had something similar going on lately." She made a small thoughtful noise. "Do you live in Gracefield's?" Hali wondered, giving him a curious look. Of course, if he didn't that was a very awkward question, but if he did then she might have someone to talk to about this floating thing of hers. Because it was getting really hard to not float.

Halimeda moved and held up a finger as the cook rang his little bell. "Hold on, I'll be right back." She gave him a smile and went to get his food. Speaking of the finding it difficult not to float thing, she had to step down more forcefully just to make her feet touch the ground instead of hover an inch above it. Hali didn't want to float, she wanted to walk like a normal human being.

She grabbed the plate and brought it back to the blond man, giving him another smile as she set the food down in front of him. "There you go hun. I hope you enjoy it." Hali nodded.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:53 am

Again, Francis looked at her with a surprised expression. How come she asked if he lived in Gracefield's? Could it be that she knew that he lived that, but wasn't exactly sure? The thoughts started spinning in his head, and finally - Finally the coin fell down as it should. Wasn't she the woman from one of the lower floors, that moved in about the same time as he did? He wasn't entirely sure though as he hadn't spoken with the woman before, but if they were the same person - then he wouldn't have to think more of it, and his mind would be put at ease concerning this subject.

He was about to answer with a yes, but then she had to run and get his order. "Oh, yes- Alright," he said, and nodded. When she came back, he smiled at her at took a look at his salad. It really looked good... He should probably come here more often, if it tasted as well as it looked. "Thank you, dear~"

"And to answer your question from before- yes, I do indeed live in Gracefield's. Also... I think I've seen you before. Do you live on one of the lower floors, maybe?" he asked a bit carefully, not wanting to make her uncomfortable with the fact that he might know where she lives.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 pm

She nodded. "You're welcome~" She loved it when people liked the food - it normally meant that she got to have regulars, and regulars were nice things to have. Halimeda nodded again when he answered her question. "I thought so, I knew you looked familiar. She was pleased with herself for guessing it right.

Blinking and humming in thought, she tilted her head. "Ah, I believe I do." She shrugged, spreading her hands out. "So long as you live above me of course. I don't know what floor you're on. That was, in fact, a veiled question. She did want to know, though knowing that he lived in the house with her was good enough.

"Regarding your comment from earlier..." She leaned closer, lowering her voice, "you're not the only one with something unbelievable happening. I've been floating on and off on a regular basis, and some guy above me nearly died because his 'force field' or whatever it was died on him at the wrong time." She nodded, trying not to act nervous. It was oddly liberating, to talk about it with someone.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:05 am

Francis nodded as he proceeded to take a bite to taste his salad, and could say that yes- it was indeed good. He would really consider coming here again for lunch, dinner or the like. He chewed slowly and properly, swallowing quietly before he spoke again. "Ah- I live on the top floor." he said with a small smile. "I'm really thankful for the elevator..." he then added.

As she told him about what had happened to her and someone else, he couldn't help but to stare slightly at her. He really didn't mean to, but it was just so... Surprising to hear about someone who had the same problem as yourself. Especially when it came to something so... Big as this. "... Really? Oh dear lord... And 'ere I thought I was the only one. Though, I 'ave to say I'm relieved that I'm not alone..." he admitted with a small sigh, before taking another bite of his salad. He was feeling reluctant to speak of his own... 'Power' he guessed it would be called, but he liked to refer to it more as a curse.

He took a sip of his water, while glancing around. "You don't seem busy at all today... Why don't you sit down and keep me company for a while, dear? I think talking about this will lighten both of our 'earts..."
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 am

Hali nodded. "That does make things easier, doesn't it?" She offered him a smile, pleased that he was liking his food. After all, she was first and foremost a pleaser at work and she needed to make sure the customer was happy with everything that he was offered. Otherwise her job was made more difficult by complaints and such.

Fidgeting a little as he stared at her, Halimeda shrugged. "Having someone to share this with does make it easier to handle, definitely. I wish I knew why it happened though - having it just randomly pop up out of nowhere is not the most comforting thing in the world." It was actually really really frustrating. And she didn't like being frustrated.

She blinked at his offer and looked back towards the counter. "Alright. Though if someone comes in I'm going to have to get back to work." She carefully sat down across from him, resting her hands on her lap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]   Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos] Empty

Back to top Go down

Well. You're Cute. [Francis Bonnefoy and Halimeda Cosmatos]
Page 1 of 1