Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete ))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

(( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete )) Empty
PostSubject: (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete ))   (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete )) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 pm

~Roderich Edelstein~

(( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete )) Austria5

Name: Roderich Adalwolf Edelstein

Birthday: October, 26th

Country of Origin: Austria

Floor in the building: Floor 7, master bedroom, first door on the left of the hallway.

How long they've lived in the building: Seven years.

Job: Music teacher at the University

Powers: Telepathy and Clairaudience

Appearance:

Roderich mostly took after his mother, having inherited her soft and delicate features, pale smooth skin and unusual violet eyes. He keeps his eyes hidden behind a pair of rectangular spectacles and his long bangs. His chocolate brown hair is usually styled, except for when he is at home then he lets his fall loose. He has one long strand of hair that sticks up defiantly despite his best efforts to flatten it down. Roderich has long and slender hands, perfect for playing the piano.
There is a beauty mark just a little below his lips that is barely noticeable. He's not very strong or muscular, but what he lacks in the muscle he makes up for by always looking well-groomed in public. He's quite short for a man, standing at only five " eight, it adds to his delicate looking appearance; Its a fact that he hates really, considering that most of the men on his father's side of the family are an average five ten or over.

Roderich's fashion sense can be called 'classy', well groomed and sophisticated. He tends to dress more serious, or very modest. At work one can always find him dressed in a nice, expensive looking suit, he finds it makes him look older than he really is; If he doesn't have a clean suit to wear he usually dresses in a blazer, button down shirts and black dress shoes. At home he dresses more relaxed, in a simple button down shirt and khakis or slacks.

Personality:

Roderich is a very quiet and reserved young man. People who do not know him personally describe him as a loner, which makes it difficult for people to approach him. However, he isn't a loner at all, merely shy when it comes to socializing with people. This shy quality make it very difficult for him to make friends, but he covers up his shyness with a mask of confidence.
Roderich is one who likes peace and quiet, and for fun he prefers spending his time reading adventure/romance novels or playing the piano. He also like to spend time with people he knows, like family or close friends that understand him; With close friends or his little brother he acts bit more open i.e. talking more, laughing and smiling.

Roderich is known for being very reserved, wearing a calm and expressionless face when he is around new people. He is honest and straight forward with everyone he meets. In his opinion its better to be brutally honest than letting someone believe a lie.
During a crisis Roderich will remain calm and optimistic. Refusing to show panic in the face of his enemy, even when he knows he will lose a fight, Roderich will not go down with out a struggle. However, he usually tries to reason with someone first before things get physical.

Music- Classical music is his favorite, the soothing melodies calm his mind, and when he is in the midst of a psychic migraine it helps take his mind off the pain. However, he secretly enjoys listening to more modern music, like love songs on the radio.
Reading - Romance, adventure and fantasy novels are his secret pleasure. No one knows he reads these ones, he keeps them hidden in his bedroom. Especially the Romance novels. He also enjoys reading poetry or historical based novels.

Cooking - Its a past time he greatly enjoys, and it is quite therapeutic when he has had a stressful day. He especially loves baking sweets and other pastries~

Playing the piano/keyboard piano* , violin and the flute. - Roderich loves playing these instruments. They sooth his mind, and put him in a dream-like state. The music they play taking away all his cares. Everyone who has heard him play say it is like magic. He even enjoys playing the keyboard piano when he is at home, he would much prefer to play the classical piano at home, hut he does not have the salary to buy a classical piano for his apartment.

Spending time with his little brother- Aside from playing music, Roderich loves spending time with his younger brother. He doesn't always agree with the young boy's over zealous ideas, and he may act a bit over protective, but Roderich always looks forward to the time they share.

Cute things
- Roderich is a sucker for cute things. Especially kittens, puppies or other small creatures.

Dislikes:

Obnoxious, stuck up people - He had been surrounded by them when he was younger, and living with his uncle and aunt. He couldn't stand being in a room full of those stuck up rich people.

Getting himself dirty - Roderich is a very clean person, he hates getting dirty, a reason why he tries to avoid all physical sports. Who wants to sweat?

Messy, or lazy people - He honestly doesn't understand why some people refuse to pick up after themselves. He also doesn't understand how one can lie about all day, wasting away the hours when they could get so much done.

Being touched intimately, or hugged from behind - As a result of events in his life, Roderich has developed a fear of being touched from behind. An example of this fear; He hates it when people try to hug him from behind, and he hates it when people accidentally touch his neck. Like if someone was hugging him and buried their face in the crook of his neck, he will feel sensations that he'd rather not feel. Or if someone touches his face softly in his sleep, like a caress. The strong urge to shove the person away will come over him, but if its a family member or someone he cares about who has accidentally done this and doesn't know Roderich hates being touched that way he will fight off the "Get away from me!" urge. He wouldn't want to hurt their feelings. However, if Roderich doesn't know the person then he will shove them...or punch them away.

His Uncle, Rudolph Weissmann- Roderich hates this man with a passion. Most of his intermediate family doesn't know why, but Roderich knows..and so does his little brother.

Seeing his little brother sad- Roderich can't stand to see his little brother sad, or feeling dejected. He will do all he can to make his brother happy, including making the boys favorite pastry.

Large crowds-
Because of his telepathic gift, Roderich can not be in a large crowd for a long period of time. The psychic wall he builds (to keep other peoples thoughts and voices out ) will begin to break, causing Roderich to develop a massive migraine. If the voices of everyone around him becomes to much Roderich will faint.

Any other information:

Roderich lives on a very tight budget, well when it comes to buying extra things that is. In other words, he is cheap. He will deny this fact of course, but if one were to look at the price tag of some of his clothes they would see it is retail.

Roderich needs to wear his pendants. One pendant is a small white gold cross, a gift from his mother after he was baptized, and the other pendant (on the same chain as the cross) is a little star of David. It was gift from his father, before the man shipped him and his brother away.

He is not up to date with technology. It's not that he hadn't tried, he did...quite a few times. When he had a radio people were using CD players, when he came around to buying an affordable (cheap) CD player everyone had iPods. He gave up on trying to keep up with everyone and just settles for his Radio/CD player.

History: ( His history will include his little brother, or Kugelmugel. I will change this if someone applies for Kugelmugel, oh and I gave them a close Older/little brother relationship. )

Roderich Edelstein, for the first eleven years of his life, had a warm and happy childhood. His Father Bernard Edelstein was a good, honorable man. He made sure the family was provided for, had nice things and was well taken care of. His mother, Adeline, was a kind hearted woman. She taught him how to be patient, polite, and how to be an independent person. She also taught him how to work hard for the things he wanted in life. When his mother became pregnant the small family was excited, their picture perfect family would be complete. However, Adeline died in child birth due to complications, and it left Roderich and his father grief stricken. After Adeline died Bernard became a workaholic, trying not to deal with the sadness of losing his wife, as a result Roderich and his little brother were left alone quite a lot. Bernard knew he was not being a very good father, and so for the well being of his children, and to give himself some time to work through his sadness he sent them to live with his sister Anya and her Husband Rudolph. Roderich didn't want to go, but he knew that his father was just doing what he thought best.

To say life with his uncle and aunt was perfect and grand would be a lie. Yes, his aunt was a kind woman and she acted like the best mother figure she could be. But he did not enjoy the pressure she put on him, telling him not to place one toe out of line when speaking, or in the presence of one of the many wealthy families she liked to entertain. She would drag him to parties to socialize with children who were upper class (The Edelstein's and the Weissmann's are both high end families, both have money and connections and booming companies. ). Roderich did not enjoy these parties, but he put on a polite smile and would make small talk with the other wealthy teens his age. It made his aunt happy, and since she was the only mother figure he had at the time he would put up with the bratty rich kids because he loved her. However, it was his uncle whom he hated living with. Unlike his father, Rudolph was not a committed man. The man had the wandering eye for pretty and young lovers, and when Roderich turned fourteen-with the boys delicate features and pretty looks- his eye landed on him. It was a time Roderich wishes to never revisit, he had to put up with his uncles unwanted 'attention' until he was sixteen. Roderich was relieved when his uncle stopped coming after him (his uncle had gotten bored with him) but the damage had already been done. He was to ashamed to tell anyone what had happened, and he just couldn't bring himself to tell his aunt. Roderich knew he had to get out, and running away was not a sensible option. Who would protect his brother? How would he survive? So, he did all he could do.

He graduated high school at eighteen with top marks, and had graduated college at twenty. When the option to apply for University came up Roderich said he wanted to study in England ( It was his way of leaving his uncle and his memories ), and he got into a very well to do University were he would study in music. His aunt, Anya, had informed him that since he was now an adult he would have to earn his own money and not ask for financial help. Roderich understood, however, before he moved to England he had asked his little brother to come with him. Roderich had seen his uncle setting his sights on Roderich's-at the time- nine year old brother. He was not going to let that happen.
With his little brother beside him, Roderich moved to London, England were he would study and become a music teacher. He had, thankfully, found a place for them to live, an apartment block that he could afford when he began his chosen carrier ( his father said he would pay the rent until Roderich got a job, Roderich was reluctant to ask for help but he knew it was a smart thing to do ) called Gracefield house. He and his brother moved into their apartment, were they have lived since Roderich finished University and began his teaching carrier. With his patience, and musical talent, Roderich makes an excellent music teacher. Though now with his powers, it makes it difficult to teach large crowds of students, but he grins and bares it. He plays the role of over protective brother/father figure for his little brother, and he likes to think that he does a pretty good job.

Details of their powers:

Telepathy ( This is his strongest ability. He finds this gift fascinating, yet frightening at the same time. He has been able to build up a mental wall to block out another persons thoughts; however in large groups a people (i.e. a club, party anything with many people) the psychic wall he builds up begins to weaken. With all those individual thoughts crashing on him, the wall begins to crack, causing him to develop a severe migraine. When this happens he will begin to panic, and as quick as he can, will flee the area. )

Clairaudiance ( The ability to hear beyond the natural sense of hearing. Roderich can, literally, hear things and events that will happen the next morning. This ability only manifests when he is playing his piano and his mind is in a dream-like state. When his mind is like this, the whispers of things yet to come will tickle his ear. He is interested in developing this power, learning how to use it when he is not playing the piano. )

RP Sample:

( Ok, this is going to be when Roderich got his powers, and it will show the extent of his Telepathy and how he usually faints when he gets an 'overload' of thoughts coming at him. Also, I'm sorry if this sucks so much T_T...I used a book, or novel as a reference to what a telepathic assault would be like. )

Roderich had been sleeping peacefully on the living room couch when the rain began to pour. The day had been hectic, his mind weary from all the paper's and music sheets he had gone through. At the moment all the words and music notes had begun to mash together, and it meant it was time for him to unwind and clear his thoughts. So, here he was, laying peacefully on the couch. His earphones placed securely on his head, the soothing sounds of 'Moonlight Sonata' playing from the boombox that was on the table. He had slept through the pounding thunder and flashes of lightning that illuminated the apartment, he hadn't noticed it. Roderich would have slept on like this, if it hadn't been for the ear piercing screech that filled his ears and the horrible pain that that shot through his body.

Roderich wanted to scream in pain, he couldn't, his body began to spasm violently as electrical bolts racked his body. It was painful, his body felt like it was on fire and he had no control over his movements. After one particularly violent spasm threw him to the carpet he tried to curl himself into the fetal position, mildly he was surprised that his head phones were still attached to his head. Roderich twitched, his heart raced, his head felt hot and the ringing in his ears seemed to grow louder. Was that even possible?
Then that was when it hit him. The voices. So many voices, he didn't know who. Some voices were screaming in pain.

'Why? What is this?' Some were asking, their voices high and panicked. It was to much, why was he hearing this? His head pounded, every sound was amplified to a painful volume. Pressing his hands to his ears he tried to shut everything out, all those people talking to him and screaming at him. It was to much!

So many, they grew louder and their cries and shouts of alarm pounded at his skull. The pain was to much. He screamed, clutching his head with his hands, an attempt to shut out the voices.
"Seien Sie still! Seien Sie still!" (Be silent! Be silent! ) Roderich screamed, his voice cracked as tears streamed down his face. Who are these people? Why can I hear them? What happening? He just wanted these people to stop talking! Stop screaming... That's all he wanted, his screaming had died down but the voices did not stop. It had all been to much for him, and he began to let the darkness that was slowly crowding his vision envelope him in peaceful oblivion.

~OOC~

Name: Miranda, Mimi or you can call me by my character name ^_^

Timezone/Country: PST, United States

A little about yourself:

Well, not much to tell about me, I'm just a normal twenty-one year old anime/manga fan lol. Oh, but I have just gotten back into roleplaying, but I've recently gotten back into it. I roleplay Roderich on Wiztalia, Hasnonia and facebook lol. I pick him because he's my favorite character that I can relate too. And, if some some of my posts seem rusty, short or bad I'm really sorry :(. I'm hopefully getting better at it. Also, if people notice that I tend to put a horrible family member in Roddy's family that acts badly towards him...Well, I tend to put some of my own experiences in his past. But if his past in this sounds really bad, or you want me to change it I can. And I'm sorry if it sucks in general :(. Also, in the RP sample Roderich got electrocuted by the lightning, his earphones and boombox/CD player acted as a conductor for the lightning strike. And my grandma told me, when your electrocuted it is extremely painful, but you can't scream or control your body until after the shocks wear off.

Anything Else?:
Pink! Or violet, oh heck I like them both equally~ :)

Last edited by Roderich Edelstein on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete ))   (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete )) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:26 am

You're accepted! Despite the comic sans >w>
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete ))   (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete )) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Thank you! :D (Late thank you, sorry >///< ) And I shall never use Comic sans again >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete ))   (( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete )) Empty

Back to top Go down

(( Roderich Edelstein/Austria Application complete ))
Page 1 of 1