Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete)   Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:52 am

Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete) 711777

Name: Kiku Honda
Birthday: February 11
Country of Origin: Japan
Floor in the building: 5
How long they've lived in the building: Since one day before the lightning strike.
Job: Meteorologist
Powers:
- Shapeshifting into people from touch.
- Power over weather.

Appearance:
Kiku is rather short, only about five feet two inches, or 157 and a half centimeters. He his hair is long for most guys, but it suits him well, just going past the ear in a rounded shape. His eyes are dark brown and of an almond shape. He is in good shape as he took classes of karate and keeps his skills sharp. While he knows he could easily be overpowered by another opponent, he relies on his agility and speed and small stature. The highest belt he received is the brown belt since he didn't want to take the time to get a black belt.

He prefers to wear casual clothing, sometimes semi-casual. He doesn't like to show that much skin, which causes him to appear rather pale to other people. His casual clothing mostly make up jeans with t-shirts and hoodies. He occasionally wears shorts when the weather is too hot for jeans. Shoes always cover his entire foot regardless of weather, though, but it does bug him when water from puddles and rain make his shoes soaked. His clothes must fit perfectly or else it looks extremely awkward.

Personality:
Kiku is a quiet, introverted kind of man. He was one that watches from the sidelines rather than takes part in any action. He's generally seen wearing a poker face, but does he does show emotions when the circumstance calls for it(but whether such emotions are real is up for question). When he's flustered, very angry or hysterical, he is an open book. He is a go with the flow kind of person and is agreeable to pretty much anything that someone wants to do, unless it could cause him harm or is against is own principles. If he has to make a choice, most likely he will say "no". Kiku is also very polite, using the terms "Mr." and "Ms." when talking to a person, equivalent to "-san" in Japanese. He's self-conscious about his appearance and never wants to seem as though he is improper or rude.

Kiku is also a person that keeps to himself. Because of his upbringing, he doesn't feel the need to tell anyone how he's feeling or giving out his opinions. Because of this, he keeps a lot of thoughts and ideas locked within himself and while he recognizes it himself, he doesn't know how to unlock it and let everything out.

His life is greatly influenced by his love for anime and manga. He had a knack for analyzing characters to their core and spends hours just reading manga. Lately with work and such, it's harder for him to satisfy his hobby, but he still manages to get a few episodes or chapters in each day.

- Kiku is a pretty good artist. He likes to draw in his spare time, but such time comes rarely. In fact, when he was a child, he wanted to be a mangaka, but was rather shy about his abilities and became highly interested in math and the weather.
- Salted salmon. It's his favorite food. He tends to eat it much more when he is stressed in some form.
- One of his hobbies is photography. He loves taking pictures of nature, weather especially.
- Being alone. He's quite the introvert and always needs time to himself at some point during the day.
- He is fascinated in weather of all sorts. He thinks the sheer power of nature is amazing and wonders how Earth is able to create such devastating things that could destroy anything it wanted. He's awed when he sees such powerful storms so he studies very hard to learn everything about it.
- Anime and manga. Kiku is a closet otaku. He doesn't like to admit it, but at one point when he was a teen, he was involved in a 2D relationship with an anime girl on a pillow. He is over that now, but still keeps his pillow hidden but well kept in the back of his closet at home. It's almost an obsession were it not for his love of weather.

Dislikes:
- Because of his Japanese upbringing, he doesn't like it when people automatically call him by his first name. It gets him rather startled and considers it too personal for a person he just met.
- Raw tomatoes. It's so much more different than the food he normally eats that he just can't bring himself to like it. He's also a tad bit disturbed how people don't know if it's a fruit or a vegetable. Surprisingly enough, he doesn't seem to mind Italian food.
- Making choices in a group. Being a person whose life has been decided for him, he doesn't like taking the initiative unless it's forced upon him.
- Very deep down, Kiku isn't a fan of normality. He always wants to see things he never has before and make discoveries. He doesn't want to be normal either, even though he may appear that way, but he usually keeps this part of himself hidden away because of his history.
- Arguably, the one thing Kiku hates the most is physical contact beyond shaking hands or a quick pat on the shoulder. He thinks that contact is a personal thing only to be shared with those extremely close to him. Basically, give him a hug, and he will freak out.

Any other information:
- He has a dog named Pochi, but he's currently in the care of Kiku's parents. Kiku hopes that he may be able to bring Pochi over to his apartment.
- Occasionally, Kiku says things that are a mystery to some people, but before they have the time to be confused, he smiles and changes the subject.
- He's pretty good with computers after using them for a majority of his life. He's able to hack simple things from tricks he learned from a few websites, but he certainly can't hack anything major company or government website, assuming that he would even want to.
- Kiku, for being anti-social, is quite popular. His good looks and air of mystery were something that women found very appealing. In fact, he had been scouted to become a voice actor, which he plans on taking, but first he wanted to check out a strange weather formation over London...

History:
Born into an upper class family, Kiku's life has been decided by his parents since the day he was born. Because of this, Kiku formed an apathetic view on life, following orders and agreeing to what everyone said. This also caused him to be rather quiet and introverted, something he kept throughout his adult life. While Kiku's childhood was a dull one, it' wasn't an unhappy one. He always had everything he could possibly want or need. This changed in elementary school when a friend of his let him borrow a manga novel and he was hooked immediately. He started to read all sorts of manga before he became what was to be known as an "otaku." Knowing that such a description was frowned upon in daily Japanese life, he kept it to himself. Still, he learned to draw in a manga style and imitate scenes from animes.

This passion carried on through middle school which is when Kiku first truly learned about weather. A guest speaker came to his school who just happened to be a meteorologist. While the speaker showed different pictures of severe weather situations, Kiku couldn't take his eyes off of the pictures the meteorologist showed. He developed a new passion. It came to the point where Kiku's room was divided between anime posters and plushies, and weather posters and weather measuring and predicting instruments. He was undecided if he wanted to become a mangaka or a meteorologist when he became an adult.

However, Kiku's parents were not impressed with his hobbies. They wanted him to become something great, making sure he got into good schools and receive the best education they could possibly provide, but Kiku wouldn't have that. Choosing the one that would make his parents' happier, he decided to become a meteorologist, but took as many classes he would be able to stay away from home.

When he graduated and started looking for a job, he was instantly hired by a local news channel that appreciated his love for weather before a weather news station found him and took him under their wing. It was there that Kiku's popularity rose and he became a household name, as would any other newscaster. He was able to move out from his parent's house and, with his dog Pochi, lived in a small apartment that was always messy, but held his computer where he could track weather from all over the world along with the anime belongings that is scattered throughout his bedroom.

Details of their powers:
- Kiku's human shape shifting abilities mean that whoever human Kiku touches would be able to transform into the appearance of that person. This touch is not limited to hands, so if you were to say that Japan got punched in the face, and that was the only contact, he would still be able to transform into that person. Once he makes contact with that person, Kiku would be able to transform into that person at any time. The power is limited to skin to skin contact, however.

- His weather abilities are limited to creating that based on wind and formation of precipitation, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and strong winds. However, using a moderate amount of energy, there is a waiting period of one minute to get a F0 tornado on the Fujita scale(meaning 40-72 mph or 64-116 kph), and six minutes for a F5 tornado(261 - 318 mph or 419 - 512 kph) with a one minute waiting time between each level on the tornado. Hurricanes are much more complicated and can take up to ten minutes just to be a tropical storm. The more energy Kiku uses, the faster the storm grows in strength, but also the faster the storm breaks apart. Likewise, the slower the storm forms from less energy, the longer the storm lasts.

Kiku is able to create clouds, rain, snow, hail, and depending on the amount of air pollution, acid rain. Unlike the large storm, these powers can be used very quickly and a few seconds waiting period, but this is limited to the temperature and the amount of moisture in the air. For example, Kiku can't make it snow on a hot summer day.

RP Sample:
"And that's a wrap! Thank you everyone for your great work today!"

Kiku took off the earpiece he wore and placed it into it's container. He stepped away from the green screen that was edited to show television viewers the weather for the next five days. He gave a quick smile at the news anchors, who smiled back, before he headed to his dressing room. He gave himself a quick look in the mirror, checking the sleeves on the dress shirt he wore and dusting off the nonexistent dust on his slacks.

This was work. A meteorologist at a national Japanese weather station.

While he certainly enjoyed tracking the weather, spending five minutes to tell the national weather every half an hour became repetitive, nothing like what weather was actually like. Real weather was different everyday, sometimes unpredictable until the very last second. Sometimes it could be brutal and devastating in one area while a mere fifty miles away, it could clear and sunny. That is the true mystery of weather. Besides, while he actually has the job as a meteorologist, he has access to some of the best tracking equipment in the country, much better than the few instruments he could afford in his apartment.

"Er, Honda-san?"

Kiku turned away from the mirror, effectively breaking off his thoughts, and looked at the girl at the doorway. She had a slight blush to her face and was very young in age. Kiku remembered who this was: the new intern who began working a few months ago. Aki Takahashi, he believed her name was.

"Can I help you, Takahashi-san?" Honda asked politely, placing a smile on his face, causing the girl to blush even harder.

"Y-yes! I was wondering if you would like to go out after work and perhaps get some drinks?" Aki said, the sentence sounding like a mixture between a suggestion and a question. Honda thought a moment. While Aki was certainly not hard on the eyes, he observed over the course of her time at work that she had absolutely no passion for weather at all. She was clumsy and shy, and while most people would find it endearing, Kiku's only thought was to keep her far away from the weather radars and computers. It made him wonder why she ever applied for the job at all.

"My apologies, Takahashi-san, but I'm going to have to turn down your offer. I already have a previous engagement tonight. I hope you understand," he said, smiling once again. Aki's face became absolutely red before she nodded vigorously.

"O-of course! I'll see you tomorrow then, Honda-san!" she exclaimed before bowing quickly and leaving the room. The smile Kiku had on previously fall off his face before an apathetic look came up. While that wasn't a lie he told the girl, it certainly wasn't the truth. He simply was going to do what he always did after work: go home and check things on his computer. He grabbed a briefcase that held the predictions of the weather in a few southern regions in Japan before making his way towards the parking garage. His car wasn't anything special, just a red Toyota with a sunroof that Kiku always made sure was uncovered.

Having no trouble on the short drive home, Kiku unlocked the door to his apartment before walking in and locking the door behind him. He undid his tie and tossed his briefcase on the couch while making his way to the computer room. There were three computers that were connected to each other that lied in sleeping mode before he woke it up with a push of the button. Typing in a code that no one would even bother to crack and click a few links, Kiku found himself at the International Weather Tracker website. He usually spent a few minutes on this website everyday, looking for any weather situation out of the ordinary or even remotely interesting.

Moving from east to west, he found a few severe blizzards in Russia and a risk of a flash flood in Italy, but nothing that wasn't what Kiku had seen before. Looking over the map of Great Britain, he noticed strange cloud coverage over London. He zoomed in on the clouds before noticing the slight rotation the clouds had, going clockwise with London as it's center. While it looked seemingly harmless now, Kiku could see that if it continued this way, it would certainly grow in strength.

This was nothing like Kiku had ever seen before. It was though a small hurricane was forming over London, but it went against so many of the laws of psychics. Hurricanes couldn't be formed over such cold waters, but at the same time, it was impossible for a storm that large to be a tornado. It was an anomaly, and Kiku loved it. He wanted to see it up close and get away from the ordinary of his workplace, even if it were to only be a few days. Leaning back in his chair, Kiku silently made his decision.

He was going to London.

~OOC~

Name: Feel free to call me Xen! Otherwise, Kiku is just fine.
Timezone/Country: America, EST.
A little about yourself:
- I am an unapologetic pervert.
- I'm a yaoi fan(not a fangirl; there is a difference).
- Hobbies include reading fanfiction and manga, editing AMVs and crying for Hima's next update.
- I don't know why I'm acting so formal... I'm honestly a nice and easy going person!
Anything Else?:
- My favorite color is blue.
- I've RPed before on a closed RP tumblr site for France and China.
- I'm a friend of Ludwig and she told me about the plot and I was really interested in participating.
- Please take care of me. *bows*
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete)   Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:44 am

;A; *You're giving my Fem!Japan feeeeels* *touches*

*Ahem* Yes, I've read it over, it seems fine! I love it! You're accepted.
Back to top Go down

Kiku Honda // Japan Application (Complete)
Page 1 of 1