Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application Empty
PostSubject: Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application   Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:14 am

~Your Character~

Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application Gender11

Name: Lysianne Tremblay
Birthday: June 24th
Country of Origin: Canada
Floor in the building: 3rd floor
How long they've lived in the building: 6 months
Job: Full time student, part-time waitress at a local cafe
Powers: Intangibility and electricity control

Appearance:
Lysianne has beautiful blond hair that reaches her waist and is usually let loose or in a ponytail hold by a blue ribbon. Her eyes are a deep blue, much like the sky. Her body is slim yet firm from her daily morning runs. Both her ears and her tongue are pierced although she never wears any jewel on her tongue anymore. She also has a small tattoo on the back of her neck, a fleur de lys, it is hidden by her hair. She feels small with her 5’ 3” and for that reason is almost never seen without high heels.

Lysianne likes simple and fashionable clothes. Her trademark outfit would be a pair of jeans with high heeled boots, a t-shirt and a jacket. She prefers pants over skirts and dresses. Most of her clothing is in shades of blue or white. She doesn’t own that much clothing with her little salary and school supplies to buy, but she nevertheless has an impressive secret shoes collection. She doesn’t need to wear lots of layers since she has a strong resistance to the coldness.

Personality:
Independent, proud, brash; these are all words that describe Lysianne. She doesn’t like to have people meddling with her business. Her emotions often get the best of her and make her act on impulse. She has a short temper and is quite stubborn. Being the only girl in a family of four, she has become quite a tomboy. She doesn’t mind getting her hands dirty and she is very active, going on morning runs every day and playing many sports.

Lysianne is quite secretive about her childhood and her family. It is a sensitive spot for her and every time it’s brought up she will change the subject. She had tons of friends back in her hometown but none of them were really close to her, she never let them get to know her better. She was, and still is, afraid she would lose them and left all alone. She still hasn’t made any friends since she arrived in London, school and getting her place set up took most of her time. That doesn’t stop her from being a friendly and cheerful gal, who always sees the good sides of things.

Lysianne is a dreamer; she wants to do many, too many, things and often ends up screwing things up more. She firmly believes she can accomplish anything she wants as long as she puts her mind to it. She is motivated and doesn’t hold back. She is also a loyal and very honest, sometime too much, person and hates manipulation and betrayals. She stands strong in her beliefs and doesn’t let people shoot her down.

~Hockey; and sports in general but especially hockey
~Fashion; but you won’t ever hear her say it out loud
~Comic books; it’s her favourite pass time, some her favourites include Tintin, Les Schtroumpfs (Smurfs) and Astérix
~Her brothers; no matter how annoying they are she loves and miss them (most of the time)
~Interacting with people; she prefers being with people than alone, even if she often ask people to just leave her alone
~Blueberry; her favourite fruit

Dislikes:
~The colour red; you’ll never see her wear red unless it is her favourite hockey team’s shirt
~Cooking; she can’t cook very well (except a few of her family recipes)
~People who think they are always right; nobody’s perfect, can’t we all just accept that already
~Homework; she often ends up doing them at the very last minute
~Not being taken seriously; she might be a girl, she might be only seventeen, but if you mess with her you’ll regret it

Any other information:
English is actually her second language, French being her first. She considered herself bilingual and would love to learn new languages as well. Lysianne wish to travel all over the world and to work in communications when she is older.

History:
Lysianne was born and raised in Montreal. Both her parents are French Canadians. She has two brothers, one older and one younger. They live a happy average life until Marie, Lysianne’s mother, died of breast cancer when Lysianne was only six years-old. Left alone with his three children, Lucien, Lysianne’s father, took two jobs to provide the necessary money for his family. The small family was also supported by Marie’s sister and she became a surrogate mother to Lysianne and her brothers. The death of her mother deeply affected Lysianne who ever since had a much harder time letting people close.

As a teenager, Lysianne developed a rebellious side. She had enough of her father’s over protectiveness and wanted him to let her have control over her life. She even went as far as to get a tongue piercing and a tattoo. Her father didn’t and still doesn’t know about those. Fortunately, she has, mostly, outgrown her rebellious side.

When Lysianne learned of a scholarship to a prestigious private school in London, she jumped at the chance. The day she learned she was accepted for the program is one of the best days in her life, along with her fifth anniversary, the last one with her mother.

Details of their powers:
One of Lysianne’s powers is intangibility. She can make herself or a part of herself go through solid objects or even walls. She can’t stay intangible for too long, only a few minutes or so. She can also become intangible when she gets too emotional, either angry, sad, embarrass, etch. She can extend her ability to another person by physical contact but it will drain her energy much faster and she won’t last long.

Lysianne ability to control electricity is limited to small charges but if she concentrates enough she can store and release slightly bigger charges. Basically what her power does is, it allows her to store little doses of electricity when in contact with batteries, sockets and the likes. She can also release electricity in the shape of tiny sparks. Her biggest charges could stun someone for a minute or so.

RP Sample:
Lysianne was walking around town, getting familiar to what would be her home for the next few years. She wanted to find herself a part-time job. Her scholarship might pay for the school, the food and the housing, but she needed some money for herself. Crossing the streets, she found herself in front of a small cafe.
"Employees wanted" was written on a poster in the front window. "It’s my lucky day!" thought Lysianne with a smile. She slowly opened the door and looked around the place. It was quiet and cozy, "Perfect place to study during breaks!" thought Lysianne. She walked to the front counter, holding her head high and keeping a calm and focus mind. She was going to get this job.

~OOC~

Name: You can call me Catherine or any close variation of my username fleur_de_lys
Timezone/Country: EST/Canada
A little about yourself: Umm… I’m studying to become a psychologist; I also have interest in history, geography, languages and arts. I love to read and draw. I’m not a much experienced roleplayer and I’ll most likely make some mistakes (English is my second language). Please tell me if I’m not clear or anything.
Anything Else?: I’m looking forward to roleplaying with all of you~! Oh, and my favourite color is blue~!
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application   Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Well I quite enjoyed it~ Yes, I can tell that English isn't your first language; you make a few mistakes in verb tenses and the like, but on the whole it's quite successful. (I think by anniversary you mean birthday, by the way). We can ignore a few small mistakes. I'm guessing your first language is French, or something?

You're accepted, change your name and begin posting!
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

PostSubject: Re: Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application   Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:46 am

Thank you! I'm glad I got accepted~!

Yes, French is my first language and my english isn't all that great but I am working on it! I'll double check any post I make! (and yes what I meant by anniversary was birthday, sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application   Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Fem!Québec // Lysianne Temblay Application
Page 1 of 1