Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shopping Stress [Halimeda]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

Shopping Stress [Halimeda] Empty
PostSubject: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:56 am

Berwald had noticed a lack of food in his kitchen. And a lack of food called for a trip to the supermarket. Berwald liked to minimise the number of visits to the supermarket, because it seemed like every time he went, he ended up buying twice as much as he had originally intended. But here he was, wondering through the isles of Lidl to find everything on his list and carefully stacking it in his trolley. He was trying to go as quickly as possible, and rushed down the isles. This was most likely the reason why he lost control of his trolley, and had to grab it before it hit somebody. That movement made it swing around and crash into a shelf of tins- thank god none of them were glass, and only a few toppled off the shelf. He turned to the person he'd nearly crashed into, worriedly. "'M sorry!"
Back to top Go down
https://lightningstrike.rpg-board.net
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:19 am

Halimeda made it a point to go the supermarket every week, without fail, so that she would always have an appropriate amount of food in her house. Sure, most of the food sat there for ages before she got around to eating it, but it was better to set a pattern now than to be forced into fixing her ways when she finally did have someone to cook for. She also made a point to only ever buy what was on her list, and to get the generic brand of everything. Just because she went shopping every week didn't mean that she had to waste money while doing so. Anyway, that was how she ended up slowly going through the aisle with all of the canned fruit, looking for the cheapest version of canned peaches, when she nearly got hit with some guy's cart. Jumping back even though he had caught it just in time, Halimeda stared at him blankly for a moment before nodding. "N-no, it's fine. No harm done." She gave him a smile, since he seemed a bit panicked and big guys like him panicking was never a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:28 am

Berwald nodded, feeling oddly shaky. He nearly rammed a lady! That was something he shouldn't do, and should prevent at all costs! "Hn. If y' sure." He bent down to pick up all of the fallen tins, stacking them two-by-two on their shelves, hoping that they weren't too disorganised. One of the last ones he picked up had a large dent in it, and he guiltily put it in his shopping cart, never mind that it was a tin of cherries, and Berwald wasn't fond of cherries. He turned back to the lady and gave a short bow. "'M sorry," He repeated, before adjusting his glasses and squinting at her. "Do I know y'?" She looked vaguelly familiar, like somebody he passed on the street every day at the same time. Or something.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 am

She hid a laugh, nodding. "I'm quite sure." He was kind of cute - not in the 'I want to date him' kind of way, but more in the 'awkward puppy' kind of way. Hali helped him pick the cans up, actually finding the peaches she was looking for among the ones that had fallen. Putting that into her cart - and hoping that the small dent in the can didn't mean the peaches were ruined - she turned back to him just in time to see the bow. And that just added to his cuteness. If he kept this up she might just have to make him her new friend. "It's fine, really. Don't worry about it." Waving it off, she blinked at his question. Hali looked closer at him and tilted her head. "Ah... maybe? You do look a bit familiar." She held her hand out to him. "I'm Halimeda Cosmatos." May as well make the almost knowing a definite yes.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Berwald shook her hand, trying to work out how firmly he should hold it (It was just so small in comparison to his!) in the microseconds it took to bring his hand up to hers, and he was pretty sure he ended up squeezing it too tightly, so he whipped it away quickly after one hard shake. "'S a pleas're, Ms Cosm'tos," He replied politely before thinking. He'd heard that name before, he was sure. Or had he read it somewhere? He paused, looked her up and down again, before a light-bulb went off in his head. "Oh!" Now he knew, now he knew! "D'y' live in Gr'cefield house? B'cause 'm sure th't I saw y'r name on th' lett'r box, on th' ground floor." Yes, it was on the third row up, he'd seen it when he dropped his letters one day and had to bend down to pick them up. "Y' live on th' third floor, am I right?"
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:02 pm

She squeaked a little at his handshake, surprised by how firm it had been. Though she shouldn't have been, since he was such a big guy and she was relatively tiny compared to him. Halimeda smiled at him again, nodding. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well." She had been hoping that he would have offered her his name in return, but that hadn't happened sadly. So she would have to ask for it. Hali went to do so and got interrupted by his sudden exclamation. "Hm? Oh, yes, I do live there. And... yes, I am on the third floor." It totally wasn't creepy that he knew all of that, since he seemed to live at the same place. "And you? What's your name?" She beamed at him, trying to make him feel obligated to tell her his name.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:24 am

Berwald was pleased with himself, for correctly remembering her name and letter box. He, of course, completely missed any implications of being a stalker. Hali's question made him pause, though. Of course he'd forgotten his name, how had he managed that? He could kick himself for his lack of manners! "Hn? M' name! Ox'nstierna." No, no, this was not a formal intoduction, heshpuld have given his first name! "Er- B'rwald, th't is. B'rwald Ox'nstierna." Then he made a vague hand gesture. "I live at th' top o' th' buildin'." Now that introductions were over, Berwald awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "Ah- 'M nearly done shopp'ng." And indeed he was. He just needed a new bottle of milk or two and then he could go pay. Thank goodness.  
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 am

If Halimeda were a more suspicious person, the faintly pleased look about him would have made her believe that he was in fact stalking her and just wasn't confident in his information. Since she was a paranoid person though, she could only assume that he was pleased to have remembered the information he glanced at briefly correctly and leave it at that. Hiding a giggle at how awkward he was being, she sent him a beaming smile. "It's wonderful to meet you Berwald!" Hali nodded faintly, leaning against her cart a little bit. "That's wonderful. I suppose I better let you get back to shopping, shouldn't I?" She clasped her hands on the handle of the cart. "I'll see you around then Berwald, have a good day!" She smiled at him and started walking away.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:42 am

Berwald hesitated. He would have liked to spend more time with his new... Friend-like-thing? But she seemed happy to say goodbye, so he nodded and shuffled on his way. He found everything he was looking for and headed towards the check-out. He shuffled, glancing around to see if he would cross Halimeda at any point. He took his time putting the items in his trolley onto the conveyer-belt-thing, and took his time putting the items in their bags. He then took out his wallet and took his time counting out all of the necessary money. Once he'd paid and collected his reciept and bags, he took one last look around the check-out, just in case. Perhaps other people knew better than him how to carry on a conversation, and he wished he could have improvised.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:06 pm

She felt a bit bad for blowing Berwald off, but he had been so awkward in that situation and she felt that it was better for it to end there before the awkwardness could have exploded. Plus, she too was almost done with her shopping and the sooner she got it all over with the better. She quickly rounded up the last of the things she needed from her list and went to check out, waiting patiently in line. While in line Hali saw Berwald in a different one, just finishing up with putting things on the belt and waiting to be rung out. Figuring that it couldn't just be chance that the two of them were seeing each other again - sort of - she decided to talk to him again. And so, after getting all of her things paid for and bagged, she walked over to him with her bags and a smile. "Hey there Berwald, want to walk back to the apartments with me?" She wondered, tilting her head a bit to the right in question.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:41 am

Berwald had just picked up his bags of shopping and turned to leave, when Halimeda was suddenly there, talking to him. Berwald, despite all his glances around, hadn't noticed her anywhere, yet she (Seemingly) popped out from nowhere in front of him, a smile on her face, and asking if they could walk home together. Berwald managed to compose himself quickly. "'Course!" He nodded. Looks like he hadn't messed up, that was an invitation to be friends, or something, right? Berwald took it gratefully. "Y c'n carry y'r bags just fine, y's?" He hoped she wouldn't take that the wrong way. By no means did he think she was weak. If anything, it implied that he thought she was strong and could handle herself. He mentally crossed his fingers and started to walk along side her, slowly.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Smiling at him, she fell into step next to him as they began walking home. "I've got all under control, no worries. And what about you big guy, gonna be able to carry all of that home by yourself?" She tossed a bright grin at him to show that she was teasing. She hummed a little as they walked, trying to think of something to say. "So, what are you going to do with the cherries?" She didn't know if those were on his actual list, or if he had bought them only because of the large dent in the can. Still, he didn't seem like to the type to like cherries.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:30 am

Halimeda's reply made him sigh internally in relief. She wasn't upset, that was a good thing. And then she was teasing him! Berwald... Berwald wasn't often teased. It put a smile on his face, if a small, barely noticable one. it was there. "These? Th're like feath'rs t' me." Slight exaggeration, but it was true that they weren't all that heavy. Shopping for one person didn't require too much food. Hali's smile made Berwald's stretch a little further. "Th' cherries?" Oh yes, he'd forgotten about those! "The... Hn." He bought the cherries, and that was as far as he'd gotten in his plan. "I... Don't know. Pie?" He didn't eat pie that much either. Not fruit pies, at any rate.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:26 am

Laughing a bit as his response, Halimeda stretched and arched her back just a little bit to work out the kinks in it. "Oh really? So you're a Mister Muscle Man then?" She giggled and shook her head. To be honest, his smile was a little scary. Hali decided that telling him was not the best option in the world and kept that opinion to herself. She nodded a little bit and switched her bags from one hand to the other, stretching her fingers. The bags weren't heavy, but carrying them wasn't exactly a walk in the park. "Sounds yummy." She wasn't entirely sure he knew how to make a pie. She wouldn't insult him by questioning it out loud though.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 am

Berwald didn't like to brag, but yes, he was a bit of a "Muscle man". He nodded, flexing his arm muscles, obviously proud of them. "I s'ppose so." Did this mean they were friends now? They should exchange phone numbers when they got back. Berwald was already reciting his in his head so that he would be able to give it to her correctly when the time came. Or did they not need each others' numbers because they could just visit them directly? Hali stopped his thoughts with what she said next. Yummy? "N't really. I d'n't oft'n make pie... Don't know how t' do it." Then he paused and looked at her questioningly. "C'n you make pie?" Or better yet, "Do y' like pie? P'rhaps I should make it f'r other people."
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 pm

She laughed as he showed off his muscles, amused. She honestly hadn't expected that from him - it was nice to know that people could surprise her. But the next part wasn't at all surprising, because Berwald did not seem like to the type who would know how to make a pie. How to make a house, sure, Berwald could probably do that. But not a pie. Hali blinked at the look he gave her. Why... oh. "Sure, I know how to make a pie, I make them a lot." She was the pie girl at work, since they sold lots of pie slices to people. "And yeah, I like it." She shrugged lightly, smiling. "It's up to you hun."
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 am

Berwald’s mouth twitched in thought as he thought it over in his head. He got Halimeda to make pie, he gave pie out to other residents, he got to make more friends. Or maybe, he would give it all to her, and they could sit down for some coffee and a chat like friends would do. Then he glanced at her and nodded (to what exactly, he wasn’t sure. Perhaps everything they’d been talking about). “Food would be good. Pie. Will y’ make pie?” If they were going to make pie, they might need to return to the supermarket, because Berwald doubted that he’d have the ingredients for the pie crust. “Pie at my place. Wh't goes in pie, other th'n cherries?”

(( Either they do a full turn and go back to the supermarket, or this thread needs to be continued somewhere else ))
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:31 am

He talked like a caveman at times. And his accent was horribly thick - it was awkward to listen to. But his voice itself was deep and rich, making her actually want to stick around him for a while. She would just have to help him with the caveman thing because really, a grown man shouldn't be talking like that - it was decidedly unattractive. And she was sure Berwald would eventually want a partner of some kind. Pushing that out of her mind for now, Halimeda gave him a smile and a nod. "I can make a pie. I have the ingredients in my apartment, don't worry. I'll make a copy of my recipe and teach you how to make a pie from scratch." That was bound to be entertaining. One could say that Halimeda was a bit cruel, finding amusement in watching other people fail at a given task. She would call it human nature. Hali patted his arm lightly and beamed.

(( Make a new thread then, in Berwald's apartment. ))
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:13 am

(( Here! :D ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress [Halimeda] Empty

Back to top Go down

Shopping Stress [Halimeda]
Page 1 of 1