Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] Empty
PostSubject: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:05 am

Arthur loved libraries so much. He had a library card for every borough, so he could take out all books within a good 8 mile radius. He'd taken out most the adult books (apart from the chick-lit drivel that he refused to even look at) at the closest library, but there were still some that had evaded him. He liked them so much that he'd decided to even work as a librarian. Sure, he was only volunteering for two hours a week, but it was two hours that he got to be around all these books, to see them all, to make them look perfect. Certianly some of it was deathly dull, but he hoped he was making a little bit of difference in his community.

He sat behind the help desk one sleepy Sunday afternoon, rocking on his chair. It was a bright day and unseasonably warm, so a lot of people were out on the streets and parks. When it was raining they had far more visitors since it was a good place to escape from the downpour. He sighed, closing his eyes, he didn't even have any work to do.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Libraries had to be the best things in the world - cheap, convenient, filled to the brim with books. They were a dream come true. Halimeda could spends hours in the library, relaxing in comfy chairs and just reading. Just thinking about it made Halimeda beam with happiness and anticipation. Unfortunately, due to her schedule, she often had to reserve books through the online database and then pick them up quickly at the library.

Normally when she did this, everything went perfectly fine and she could reserve as many books as she wanted. But suddenly there was now a limit of five books on her account which, according to the site, was there because she owed the library money. But Halimeda always turned her books in on time - she never got late charges, and she had no books out at the moment so there shouldn't have been a charge.

Determined to get this taken care of so she could go back to her wonderful books, Halimeda stalked into the library with purpose and determination. When she left today, her card would have no such charge on it. Looking around for the help desk, she spotted it and quickly started walking to it. She stopped in front of it and gave the man behind it a smile - it wasn't his fault after all. "Hello there. I was wondering if you could help me fix an issue with my card." She asked, pulling said card out of her wallet.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:51 am

Arthur sat up when someone came over, trying to look at least a little professional. "Oh, sure." He said, nodding, as she asked him about her card. "What's wrong?" He asked. He hoped he could help; he wasn't the best when it came to technology, so there was a high change he would spend fifteen or so minutes fiddling about on the computer. He held out his hand for her card so he could see what was wrong.

She seemed (at least vaguely) familiar. Pretty and Mediterranean, he was sure he'd seen someone who looked like her around before. He pulled up her details and realised, "Oh, you live in the same building as me!" He gave her a polite smile, "What a coincidence." He seemed to be bumping in to a lot of his neighbors recently.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 am

She handed card over, smiling gratefully. "It saying that I owe the library money, but I've never turned a book in late before and it won't tell me why the charge is on there." She waited patiently for him to do whatever it was he needed to do. "So, I've never seen you here before. What's your name?" Talking was nice, talking made the time go by faster.

Even when the person helping her said weird things like that. Halimeda smiled back, tilting her head a little. "Well, isn't that interesting." Why. Why was she suddenly running in to people. It didn't make sense, and it was kind of annoying to have to suddenly bond with her neighbors. Not that she disliked them, but she liked having things separated out.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Arthur frowned, how very odd... he didn't know how to fix that. "Well I'm sure it's just a clerical error, we can fix that quickly." He assured her, smiling politely and trying to be cheerful. He wasn't very good at being social, so he really had to force himself when he was working at the library. "And you're sure you don't have any books at home?" He asked, just to make sure. It would be the most simple explanation, so it was best to check.

"What a coincidence." He said politely. He didn't care much, he was just trying to make light conversation. He yawned, looking over the application, "Right, it says here you've still got a book out."
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:07 am

Halimeda nodded, looking around discretely. It didn't seem like the best idea to have a volunteer at the help desk, but since she wasn't in charge it really wasn't her say. Still, she would have felt more comfortable with an actual employee of the library helping her. "I'm quite sure - I returned my last book to the library three weeks ago. There's no possible way for me to still have one out." There really wasn't. Halimeda kept a list of all of the books, and she always crossed one book off only after she had walked into the library and put it in the book drop.

Blinking, she tilted her head. "You already said that." If someone was going to get bored of a conversation that quickly, they probably shouldn't start the conversation in the first place. It's kind of annoying. And now he was yawning at her. Halimeda kind of wanted to smack him for being so rude. She frowned at him. "That's simply not possible. Perhaps the library lost it." Because no way had she not turned in a book on time.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 am

Arthur frowned. Yes, clerical errors often happened, but he knew they did happen. He should probably refer her to another member of staff who worked her more often than he did, but he was sure he could fix it. "Must be an error, happens sometimes if the librarian is busy. Someone will hand in their books and one of them won't be filed as returned. The book is Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire. You did take that out, right?" He asked. "If not then a quick inventory can be done and hopefully, we can have the charges annulled. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience."
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:42 am

She leaned back a little as he frowned, holding her arms over her chest. For some reason, this man made her feel uncomfortable. She wasn't sure why though. Halimeda nodded faintly, looking at his computer. "I know that, I've worked in a few libraries when I was around your age." And didn't saying that make her feel old? She did her best to ignore it though. "And yes, I did take that book out." Perhaps she should have lied - maybe that would have gotten things resolved quicker. But lying to someone in the library - even if that someone was this kid - was not something she wanted to start doing.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:57 am

'Around your age', it sounded so condescending, and made him sound so young. He didn't much like it, actually, but he tried to keep himself polite and professional. "Well, I'll have a look around. If we take stock, that should prove that you have it. I'll also check the put away box." He ran a hand through his hair, slightly stressed. He had the feeling this woman didn't like him, though why he didn't know. Maybe because of his age, she didn't think he should have the responsiblity of working in a library?
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]   Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur] EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:24 am

Halimeda nodded faintly, moving and leaning against the help desk. She most certainly did not have the book, she had checked - her apartment was still a mess from that, and she had discovered a dollar and change in her car when looking under the seat. And since the book wouldn't be anywhere else besides though two places, obviously she did not have the book. Obviously. Hali didn't understand why this kid couldn't understand that.

It wasn't his age that made her think he shouldn't work here - obviously, since she had mentioned that she had worked at libraries at his age (he was obviously hard of hearing, this one - it would annoy her). What made her think he shouldn't work here (or at least shouldn't work at the help desk) was his attitude. He was too distracted and too spacey to do any good at this spot.
Back to top Go down

Not-So-Sexy Librarian [Library] [Hali and Arthur]
Page 1 of 1