Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gravity > Flight [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

Gravity > Flight [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:07 am

Gilbert Beilschmidt jolted out of the trance he had gotten himself in. A quick survey around made him realize that he was sitting on his desk chair with the empty Word document on his laptop screen staring him at the face, seemingly mocking him. He laughed, giddily for he was still buzzed, before setting down the mostly drained beer bottle he just noticed he still held.

A silly grin stayed on his face as he stood up, swaying a bit, and he cheerfully cursed the hellish bane which was writer’s block. Typical of his muse to shut up three or four chapters to the end of the story. He could already hear his editor’s furious banging on his apartment’s door along with yells of ‘where the hell is my manuscript, you lazy asshole!’. “Well, fuck that!” he declared, running a hand through his hair as he took off his glasses. He could churn out those chapters if he wanted to, and he just didn’t want to right then. That was it. He was Gilbert Beilschmidt! Hell, he could fly if he wanted to!

Grinning as he pocketed his glasses, he headed to his apartment’s balcony. The view was nice as always--clear sky above, and houses and trees and the apartment block’s swimming pool at the courtyard below--but Gilbert didn’t care about scenery at the moment. Inebriation aside, he climbed and managed to get a decent balance standing on the balcony railing.

“Okay...” He spread his arms out, palms facing up. Deep breaths... Focus... A force field, made from sparks of his energy, enclosed him. He could feel his heart beating faster in nervousness and excitement as he stepped off the railing, and he swore it skipped a beat before he discovered he was floating in mid-air. Immensely relieved his idea worked because he just then realized he’d be dead if it hadn’t, he sighed, then burst out laughing. Ah, the things alcohol did to him...

In his elation, he completely lost his focus and the sparks fizzled out, making the force field disappear. Gilbert swore. There was no time to maneuver himself to fall into the swimming pool, so only tile and concrete awaited him below. Hoping for the best, he braced himself for impact while attempting to create another force field around him.

He barely noticed the blurred figure--an animal? a person?--he was accelerating to.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 am

Halimeda visited the pool more often than any other place in the building besides her own apartment, finding it to be relaxing and enjoyable. Of course it could never live up to the wonderfulness of an actual lake, but it was still nice even with the chlorine smell in the air. And normally she would be swimming at the pool, but it was far too cold out for something like that at the moment. So for now she would just walk around it and think.

She was still trying to get a hold on the levitation thing she had discovered when talking to Eduard earlier, and so far she had only gotten more bruised feet and the accomplishment of floating for a full minute before dropping. It was less than fruitful, though the floating felt wonderful - being able to walk with out feeling the ground beneath her feet was absolutely amazing. Hali didn't understand it, but she still loved it.

Skipping a little, Hali jumped up and walked on air for a brief moment before slowing lowering herself to the ground, grinning and clapping with excitement when she managed without getting hurt. It was a new accomplishment for her, one that she should celebrate. Stretching and looking up, she tried to think of a way to -- there was a person falling towards her. There. Was a person. Falling towards her.

Halimeda starred and wondered if she should move or catch this person. They looked like they were coming from high up, and they were obviously not going to hit the pool, but she didn't want to get hurt, and she was wasting time. Taking a deep breath, she decided that trying to catch whoever this was was the right thing to do and so braced herself for the inevitable impact. She would question why someone was falling later.
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:32 am

In what he thought would be his last few moments of having a fully-functional body, Gilbert cursed whatever had given him this ‘power’ with all his being. He didn’t completely understand it--hell, he still didn’t know how force-field generation could be scientifically possible outside comic books--but he thought he’d had a good enough grasp on it. Oh, how wrong he was. Still no force-field generated, he resigned himself to his fate...at least, he was about to until he took full notice of the person he was about to hit.

His eyes widened, and he wanted to shout for her to move out of the way, but the words and his breath were caught in his throat. Why the hell won’t she move?! He was now a lot more alarmed; he really didn’t want to involve anyone else in this semi-suicidal stunt. Luckily, the panic and worry gave him a burst of energy which he quickly projected into a flat force-field, and Gilbert managed to fall on it with only a feet or two to spare.

Letting out another huge sigh of relief, he took a few seconds to calm down before sitting up on the near-invisible platform. He peered through the barrier at the woman below.

“Hey there,” he greeted. He tried to give her a casual smile, though it came out as something more of a pained grimace. While the force-field had managed to neutralize most of the impact force’s magnitude, the collision still hurt. And add that to the fact that Gilbert was currently straining to keep the force-field up.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 am

She began regretting her decision to stay standing under him - she had noticed the masculine face when he had looked towards the ground at a somewhat closer stage of his falling - the minute she noticed just how fast he was moving, and starting thinking about how much that would hurt when he finally did land on her, and how even if she did save him from killing himself they would still both be in a lot of pain and it probably wasn't worth it. But Halimeda couldn't just let him kill himself, that would be morally wrong of her and it just didn't seem fair that she should move just so she wouldn't get hurt.

And so she stayed, cringing with fear as he got closer to actually hitting her. When he was bout three feet above her head she closed her eyes, already well aware that she wouldn't be able to catch him and therefore closing her eyes was the best option - in her opinion. When nothing hit her after a short while, Halimeda looked up to see him floating above her head with something of a pained look on his face. What mostly caught her attention though was the thing keeping him floating. "... hi." She managed, finally moving out from under him now that he had that thing holding him up.

"What is that?" She wondered, tempted to try and float closer to it. She found it amazing that he could do something like she could with a different method. She took note of the exhausted look on his face. "If you drop now I could probably catch you." Hali nodded, getting the feeling that he was going to end up dropping soon anyway due to exhaustion - if she couldn't keep her floating up for more than a minute, than he probably couldn't either.
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Gilbert regarded her quietly for a few moments, amused at how terrified she looked a half-second ago (never mind the fact that he had probably looked that way as well). He tried to pin a name or anything to the cute, kind of familiar face as she moved from below him, but with no results. It dawned on him that he barely knew any of the other tenants in the building, and man, they must think he was some kind of recluse or nocturnal weirdo. Which he were, in a way. He considered doing some damage control and being more neighbourly, but quickly dismissed the thought. He couldn’t be bothered to do such things.

In his self-absorbed pondering, he almost forgot that the woman had asked him a question. “Ah. This is a force-field,” he finally answered. He swiped a hand over it, blinking in surprise when the action made it glow for a second before fading back to invisibility. “It’s made up of my awesome energy.” Ever since he discovered the existence of his...’abilities’, he’d never thought to keep them secret. He would even show them off proudly, if ever given the opportunity.

He took in her other comment and laughed, shaking his head. “And nah, no need for that.” He began to slowly lower the platform. It held out for a few feet before completely disappearing, making Gilbert fall for the rest of the way and land on his behind. He winced, the ache in his body more noticeable now. He managed to stand up, but shakily, this time because of the pain instead of inebriation; what happened earlier had more than sobered him up. “Yeah, I’m never gonna do that again. Drunk or sober.” It was an empty declaration, of course.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 am

Halimeda tilted her head as the man just stared at her, a bit confused. She didn't really enjoy getting stared at, especially when she didn't know why he was staring. Nodding as he finally answered her, she poked the field thing gently. She giggled a bit as it glowed, finding it amusing though she was not at all sure why. She just did. "I see. Makes sense, I suppose." Hali raised an eyebrow. "Awesome energy? I wasn't aware that sort of thing existed."

The most shocking thing about this for her was the fact that he had the power and that he was so open about. Halimeda was almost tempted to show him her power - since he was so comfortable with his own surely he must know how it appeared - but she herself was not at all comfortable enough with her own power to talk about it openly with a stranger.

Halimeda giggled, nodding. "If you're sure." She moved away a bit more, watching him lower himself. She honestly hadn't expected him to drop like that, and the sudden thud made her jump a little. Unbeknownst to her, the small scare left her floating about half an inch above the ground for a few minutes before lowering again. "What on earth were you trying to do in the first place?" She wondered, frowning slightly. Seeing him in pain gave her the sudden urge to find something sharp, and she wasn't all too happy about that because she wasn't one to indulge in things for to show her sympathy. Sympathy pain was especially not something she wanted to share with him.
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Gilbert staggered towards the nearest recliner and plopped down on it with another wince. He really needed to learn to be more careful with his body. Sure, you have a fucking awesome power, but that doesn’t mean you’re suddenly invincible, he berated to himself. He would blame it on the alcohol, as he sometimes did, but he doubted being drunk had ever made a normal person do what he had just done. Not that a normal person could project force-fields and all.

“Awesome energy exists,” he began, lying himself down more gently. “It exists inside me, ‘cause I’m awesome.” It finally occurred to him to wonder why the woman wasn’t more surprised at how she had just seen a man defy gravity and made an invisible platform appear out of thin air. Chalking it up to how weird the people in the apartment block were so far, him included, he decided not to think about it further and just continued talking.

“And well, I was buzzed, and I somehow got the idea of trying to use my force-field to fly, so I enclosed myself in it and stepped off my balcony. It completely slipped my mind that my apartment is at the 7th floor.” One would think Gilbert was insane for casually explaining it like that, but that was just how he was. He grinned, bright and mirthful. “And it worked, I tell ya! Well...at least for about ten seconds, I guess. Then I kind of lost focus.” He looked away, slightly embarrassed to admit that particular detail. “Anyway, the force-field broke, I fell, and you know what happened from there.”

His explanation over with, he brought his gaze back towards the woman, an inquisitive eyebrow raised. “Now what’s your story? Why didn’t you move away back then?” he asked, not ready to declare that it was because of her that he had managed to put up the force-field in time.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Wincing a little bit at the way the other man was walking, Halimeda felt the urge to dote on him. However, as she didn't even know his name and had only been talking with him for a few minutes, she didn't feel comfortable being so open towards him quite so soon. So instead, she just sat down on the recliner next to him. She smiled and tilted her head faintly. "So how does someone other than you use this awesome energy of yours?" She wondered, raising an eyebrow.

Hali snorted, bringing a hand up to cover her mouth as she tried to smother her laughter. It was rude to laugh at someone for one of their stupid decisions - especially when that stupid decision almost resulted in their death - but that was honestly too much. "R-really? Well then, I suppose you learned your lesson and will only try to fly closer to the ground? And hopefully sober?" She didn't want to find out some day that he had managed to get himself killed doing something stupid like this again.

She blushed a little at his question, rubbing the back of her neck and lightly playing with her hair. "Well... I thought that I might have been able to catch you. Or at least broke your fall." She coughed, embarrassed. "A few broken limbs would be better than seeing you smashed against the ground in a million pieces." The very thought of that made her feel a little ill, as indicated by the very faint green cast to her face.
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm

“No one else can use awesome energy ‘cause only I have it!” Gilbert grinned at her, not sure himself whether he was joking or serious about the statement. The grin grew at how the woman reacted to his anecdote--he’d admit that he’d also be laughing if someone else told him the story, and at this point he was just going to pretend it had all been drunk Gilbert’s fault anyway--and he nodded before holding a hand palm up in a pledge.

“I, in all my drunken and/or sober awesomeness, do solemnly swear that I will not attempt to fly at any height above...say...twenty feet?--yeah, I think I won’t die from that--and also that I’ll lock the balcony door before getting drunk in general.” He concluded with a wink at the woman and a laugh.

His expression changed from amused to surprised at the response to his question. Unable to help but feel a bit touched despite the somewhat stupid way the woman had expressed her concern, it took Gilbert a moment to think of a reply. “Wow. Well...you gotta admit that not a lot of people would have the guts to even consider doing what you had, so kudos to you, lady!” He paused, then hesitantly added, “And I guess it’s thanks to you that I’m still in one piece. If I hadn’t seen you there, I probably wouldn’t have been able to generate a force-field in time to save both our asses.”

Slowly, he sat up and extended a hand towards her, smiling almost shyly but gratefully. “So yeah. Thanks.”

(( So much apologies for how long this took! *also why are you so talkative, Gil*))
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Halimeda shook her head and gave him an amused look. She had never met anyone so arrogant and amusing as this guy. It was an odd combination and she got the feeling that no one would pull it off as well as this man. And then she stared at him, tilting her head. "Ten feet. You'd certainly die from falling twenty feet. Though locking the door is definitely a good idea."

She blushed a little as his expression changed, pulling some of her hair in front of her face. "Yeah yeah I know it was stupid but I just--..." Halimeda paused and tucked her hair back behind her ear. "... oh." So her decision - while being one of the stupidest ones she had ever made - had been the right one. That made her feel ten time better than before.

She smiled at the look on his face, taking his hand and shaking it a little bit - as that was what she assumed that he wanted from her. "You're welcome..." She frowned a little. "What's your name?" She wondered, giving him a curious look.
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 am

“You underestimate me. I may not look it, but this old man is tough!” Gilbert pouted at her, though it quickly slipped into a smile. “Yeah, I kid. I promise to not fly above ten feet when I’m drunk.” He snuck the final fragment in as an afterthought. He was pretty sure he would be attempting the stunt again once he achieves enough control over his ability, so he didn’t want to end up making an empty promise, be it to someone he barely knew.

He watched, curious and a bit fascinated, as the woman blushed and moved her hair around in what seemed to be a shy gesture. It was kind of cute, he mused, before his smile grew to his usual grin at her unfinished statement. “Well, that’s true, but it definitely can’t hold a candle to my earlier feat in the stupidity department!” He declared it with a jokingly proud tone in an attempt to maybe get the other to loosen up with another laugh.

It was only after she’d asked the question that Gilbert realized that they had yet to exchange introductions. Well that was strange, he observed as he dropped his hand after their brief shake. Usually he would be throwing his name around (sometimes along with his profession) at the nearest opportunity. It must have slipped his mind after their not-so-typical and would-most-likely-be-very-memorable first encounter. “Gilbert,” he answered, still grinning. “Gilbert Beilschmidt. Been living here for almost two years but barely knows any of the other tenants. And you are...?”
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 am

"Old man huh? If you're really old than you shouldn't be flying or whatever it was that you were doing. But thank you." She smiled back, pleased. She was already getting used to him and she didn't want to come out here and find him smashed to little pieces. There was no way to fix that.

Halimeda shook her head and gave him an amused look, laughing a little. "We're both a little stupid then. But at least no one got seriously hurt. You didn't get seriously hurt did you?" She gave him a concerned look, more than ready to get him to the nearest hospital or health clinic if he needed to go.

Stretching her hand a little, Halimeda nodded. "I know what you mean. I really only knew my neighbor, but he moved out a bit ago. I'm Halimeda Cosmatos. It's nice to meet you Gilbert." She gave him a beaming smile.
Back to top Go down
Former Prussia

Former Prussia

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Gilbert tutted at her. “So now you’re stripping an old man of his right to attempt flight?” He asked, imitating the tone and voice of a surly senior citizen. It didn’t take much effort with how raspy and jacked-up his voice already was from too much smoking in the past.

“And that sucks. I wish I could’ve met him before he left.” He tried not to be nosy and ask about who the guy was and why he had moved. “But yeah. Nice meeting you too, Halimeda!” He beamed right back. It was nice talking to someone who wasn’t his editor for a change. Hali was a pretty cool person, if not a bit impulsive. Then again, who was Gilbert to judge? So he just relished in the thought that he’d found himself a new friend. He laughed before adding, “Ah, but your stupidity plus my stupidity is what led to this awesome, one-of-a-kind meeting.”

He then grinned reassuringly at her and gave a dismissive wave of his hand, but really, he was very grateful for the concern. “I’m all good! Still kinda sore, but no broken bones and shit.” He tried to prove it to her by standing and doing some stretches, unaware of how he was bleeding quite a lot from the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:57 am

Laughing, she nodded. "Terribly sorry to do so sir, but I would hate to see you fall to your death again. And since you're such an old man, it's just bound to happen." He didn't actually look that old - about her age, maybe a little older than her. The drinking - and she was sure that he smoked as well - made him seem so incredibly old though, even if he didn't appear that way.

She nodded. "I think you would have liked him. He was an awkward guy, but a wonderful person to talk to once he got used to you." Halimeda beamed at him happily, close to giggling. "Ah, I suppose that's true. Hooray for stupidity then!"

Watching him, she shook her head in amusement before noticing something on the back of Gilbert's head. "Hold still." She said, frowning at him as she stood up. Going around to see his head closely, she grimaced and moved his hair. "Your hair is pink now." Which was true - the blood had stained the hair around the wound a dark pink. Halimeda frowned at her blood covered fingers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gravity > Flight [Open]   Gravity > Flight [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Gravity > Flight [Open]
Page 1 of 1