Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not just an other day at work (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

Not just an other day at work (open) Empty
PostSubject: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 am

The café was mostly empty. Only a few clients were still enjoying their meals and drinks. Lysianne took the opportunity to let her mind wander. She looked around the place one last time before closing her eyes and leaning her elbows on the counter. Her mind kept playing in loop that strange scene from this morning.

(Flashback) Lysianne was in an hurry to get ready, she was supposed to star in less than 20 minutes and she still had to eat. She quickly got dress and after putting two slices of bread in her toaster, she stopped. Lysianne swore she saw small blue sparks coming from the toaster and disappearing between her fingers. But that could not be real, she must have been dreaming! Sparks didn’t simply disappear in the skin of people! Maybe it was because of that weird storm, it had hit the city pretty bad. Her mind was running wild with possibilities but she didn’t get the chance to put more thoughts on it as she looked at the clock and realised she only had ten minutes left to get to work. She could get on time. If she ran. She left her apartment in a rush, dashing down the stairs.

Fortunately, Lysianne managed to get on time. But the incident didn’t leave her mind. It happened almost every time she came in contact with an electric appliance, liked when she prepared that espresso earlier. But each time it was gone in the blink of an eye. The sparks didn’t hurt, only surprised her. Lysianne blamed it on her lack of sleep and believed they were only hallucinations. Ever since that giant storm, she had difficulties sleeping and stayed awake most of the night. At least she had time to do more time to do her homework and to study, which she was kind of behind her schedule.

Lysianne was brought back to reality when she heard the front door opening and the familiar chime accompanying it. Her eyes shot open and she straightened her back. She really didn’t wanted to be caught slacking off at work.
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am

Michelle was tired. That storm last night was brutal and the only sleep she got was her coma induced one. Michelle rubbed her head. 'That hurts a lot!' she thought as she winced at the pain. She thought that maybe some coffee or some sweets would help the distress. Michelle adjusted her signature red hair bows and headed to the café down the street.

The damage was no better nor worse than it was at the park. Branches still were everywhere and leaves clogging the gutter. The sky, however, was nice and clear as if to say 'I'm going to give you a rest for a while'. Michelle hoped it did because she was sick of the rain clouds that hovered over London like a blanket most days.

Michelle walked into the coffee shop and looked around. The only person she saw was the barista who was slightly napping but snapped awake when she entered.
"I'd like a double espresso, s'il vous plaît." Michelle didn't usually drink coffee, most likely because she was 16, but she really needed the energy boost that came with it.

Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Lysianne watch as a new customer walked in. She looked no older than her and she couldn’t help but feel as if she already saw her before. If she really was how old she thought she was then maybe they could have seen each other at school. She pushed those feelings aside she smiled at her and said cheerfully "Good day, what may I serve you today!" She was taken aback by hearing the other girl speak French. It was so rare that to hear people speaking her first language in London. Unless if you, like her, worked with a very talkative Frenchman. But now she was only getting lost. She should really focus more. And sleep more, she felt so sleepy all morning.

"Coming right up!" Lysianne told the client as she headed toward the espresso machine. She quickly started the machine, ready to fill up the cup with the delicious beverage. Only to freeze when she saw those strange sparks from earlier. She quickly caught herself before she could let out a yelp. She shot a panicked glanced at the other girl, worried she may have seen them too.

Lysianne hastily finished preparing the drink and went back to her cash register. "Here you go!" she told the customer holding out the cup with an awkward smile, trying hard to appear calm. "It’ll be two pounds, please!" If she was lucky, the girl would not have notice it and she would not comment on it.
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:00 am

Michelle sees the girl suddenly flinch when she touches the machine with it. She wonders what is the matter. She shrugs it off and accepts the drink. But Michelle blinks as a synapses in her brain started working. This girl was from her building. She was positive of it.

Michelle reached into her wallet and pulled out the money and hands it over. "Merci" She blinks a few more times and decides to ask "You live in the Gracefield house, Correct?" she didn't want to sound like a stalker or anything. But she was as sure as she was sure that sailfish were fast that this girl was living in the building.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:23 am

Lysianne breathed a sigh of relief. The other girl had not notice the strange sparks or at least didn’t mention them, which was just as good for Lysianne. She took the money and stores it in the cash register. She is taken aback when she hears the question. Gracefield house? Did that meant she lived there too? Now that she mentioned it, Lysianne remembered a girl moving in on the same floor as her about a month ago. That must have been her!

"Oui, Lysianne replied with a smile, I live on the third floor." She said, hoping to start a small conversation, "My name is Lysianne, what’s yours?" Hopefully, she could have a new friend before the end the day. Six months without anyone to really talk with had been rather boring but now she had the chance to change that!
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm

"Bonjour Lysianne, I'm Michelle." She happily introduced herself to her new friend. "What a coincidence! I live on the third floor too!" Michelle was happy to meet a girl in her building. Not only that but she spoke French! Even though it had only been a month in the building to Michelle it felt like a lonely year. Finally came someone to talk to, and practically right across the hall no less.

She took a sip of her expresso and looked around. No one seemed to be there. 'I guess it's okay to talk to her longer' It's always rude, In Michelle's mind, to talk to the barista while people are waiting for their coffee. But since most people seemed to be dealing with property damage right now so she guessed it was okay.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 am

Lysianne didn’t see anything wrong with starting a little chat with her new friend (yes, she did consider Michelle her friend even if she only knew her name and that they lived in the same building on the same floor so far). After all there were barely any customers left and if one came she could go back to the counter. "It’s nice to meet you Michelle!" she told her, smiling. Looking over at the other girl, she noticed something. "Are you an exchange student at the private school not far from here as well?" she asked. "I mean... you don’t look like a typical Londoner..., she said, with the sundress, French and darker skin..." She hoped she didn’t sound rude or anything like that. She didn't want to loose her chance of making a new friend.

"How about we go sit there?, Lysianne asked her as she motioned the small table with two chairs not too far from them, trying to make things a little less awkward. She might start acting like a normal friendly person if she got a bit more at ease. But oh boy, did she need to work on her social skills, they were far from what they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:33 am

"I am, actually." She said,"I assume you go there too then. Where are you from?" Lysianne spoke French too. She must be not be from around here, she must be from some place like France or another french speaking country.

"Sure." Michelle said as she started heading over to the small coffee table. 'This is working out well~' she thought to herself. Michelle used to be the girl who was friends with everyone back on Mahé, but this wasn't a laid back tropical island paradise. It was a huge city where she knew only her godfather, his colleagues, and a few people in the building. The same 'smile and wave' tactics may not work on the people here. She had to step up her 'befriending' stats.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:33 am

Lysianne went and sat on one of the two comfortable chairs. "Oui, I’m there on a scholarship", she told Michelle with a sheepish smile. "I’m from Québec!" she said proudly. "The French province of Canada." she added. Most people she had met here had not know what was Quebec. Michelle was most likely from a French speaking country as well. If she would have to guess she would say one in Africa, judging by the other's appearance. "What country are you from?" she asked the other girl.

"You haven’t been here for long, have you?" Lysianne said, more a statement then a question. "If you need any help settling in, I would be glad to give an hand! I'm probably not the greatest guide around but I could show you around if you want to." she told Michelle. She was still adjusting to the changes herself but that didn’t mean she could not help her friend if she needed it.
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:23 pm

She smiled. Michelle had learnt of Québec in history class. It seemed like a nice place to visit. "I'm from Seychelles, It's a multi-island nation off of Madagascar, in Africa. I was born on the main island of Mahé."

"I've only been in the building for a month. I'm gonna have to take you up on that offer too 'cause I'm not good with new places." Michelle has had a month to adapt but she still hasn't. Her naturally sloppy personallity prevented her from doing anything to move on from her lazy beach life. Sometimes she still wakes up and thinks what a great day it is for swimming and is shocked to find a sea of concrete out her window. That's Michelle for you.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Quebec

Former Fem!Quebec

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 am

"Seychelles, eh! I heard of it. It sounds like a really nice place to live!" Lysianne said. Living on a island with beaches everywhere, she sure would love to go there at least once. But right now she was stuck in rainy London. Not that she regretted her choice to move here for school. London is a really nice and it allows her to practice her English and learn about tons of new stuff.

"Great, I’ll give you a tour whenever you want! Maybe not today, since my shift is only over in a couple of hours." Lysianne told Michelle. She couldn’t believe numbers of hours her boss always gave. Sometimes, she just felt like quitting her job. But then she remembered that she needed the money and that the pay was good. At least this time she had some company, it was always much more fun with someone to talk to!
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:33 am

Michelle smiled "It was! I got to go to the beach almost everyday." but Seychelles didn't have as many chances to succeed or go anywhere in life. So she's kinda glad she moved to London. Plus now Michelle had a new friend in the building so she wont be as lonely as she was before.

"I could keep you company until then, if you want, I got nothin' to do and no where to go today anyway." Michelle really wanted to spend some more time with her new friend, Lysianne, but didn't want to seem like a weirdo or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not just an other day at work (open)   Not just an other day at work (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Not just an other day at work (open)
Page 1 of 1