Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] Empty
PostSubject: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 am

Arthur loved ancient literature, it was the next part of his course, and he was very ready for it. He'd been brushing up on his latin and ancient Greek, and that Turkish guy downstairs was also helping him learn a little Turkish too, so he could branch out a little more. Then he heard about some the Greek Archives being put on sail and he knew he had to go. So, he grabbed tickets quickly as he could, for the closest holiday. However, one snag with his plan - they were being displayed in Greece. He had tickets, certianly, but now he had to get to Greece and stay their cheaply.

Which is why he found himself wandering in to the closest travel agents. Surely, they knew about cheap flights and the best youth hostels, he was sure they had pleanty of options for him. He walked up to the desk, "I'd like to talk about travelling to Athens, Greece from the tenth of February to the Fifteenth of February please?" He asked. They nodded and directed him to a seat, where he should wait until someone could see him. This all seemed very awkward, and he hoped he wasn't doing it too last minute. He'd rather not have to pay large fees, but he really wanted to see this exhibit! Oh well... he could always ask his parents for more money... or get a loan.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!TRNC

Former Fem!TRNC

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 pm

This was her first task talking with someone in person rather than on the phone. She had always always used the phone when talking to her clients, so this was entirely new to her. To be honest, she kind of hoped that she did something wrong - not wrong enough to get her fired, but just enough so she would never have to talk to another person face to face ever again. Of course that was an impractical thought and she would never purposely fail at a task she had been assigned, but all the same, she was uncomfortable with the idea of doing this.

But she would be professional. She would talk like she knew what she was doing, and Kadri would not - would definitely not - embarrass her bosses in front of a client, no matter how low down on the scale of importance this client was. All people had a voice and an opinion after all.

Taking a deep breath and smoothing herself out, Kadri walked into the room and tried not to run away when she saw the man she would be dealing with. Not that he was scary, but he seemed like the kind of man who could snap off a person's head and then make them feel bad for getting upset. It wasn't helping. She plastered a smile on her face though. "Hello there. I'm Kadri Demir, and I will be helping you book your travels. Please follow me." She gestured towards the door, still smiling at him.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Arthur found that he wasn't waiting long. Soon, a young petite woman came out and looked over at him, greeting him. "Pleasure to meet you." He said politely, and stood, holding out his hand for her to shake. She was very short, nearly a foot shorter than he was. He quite liked being tall, admittedly. Mostly, he had to look up at the people he was talking to. He began to walk towards the door she had gestured to, opening it for her, as a gentleman should.

(( I'm sorry it's short! ))
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!TRNC

Former Fem!TRNC

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:29 pm

She was expected to touch him? How unpleasant. She carefully shook his hand, relieved that the needles hadn't come out and stabbed him. That would have been awkward to explain to her boss. Going to the door, she smiled as he opened it for her. "Thank you." She nodded and went through, leading him down the hall to her office. It wasn't the smallest in the building, but it wasn't huge either. Larger than a closet though, which was nice.

"Please, take a seat." She sat down behind her computer and started up the programs she needed, placing his folder open on the desk. "How would you like to travel to Greece? Plane, boat, train? Or does the method not matter to you?" She gave him a curious look, carefully inputting the dates he wanted into the computer for the program to find methods of getting him there and back that were relatively cheap.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:07 am

Arthur didn't know why, but she didn't seem to like him very much. Still, he pushed down the feeling, hoping he was just being paranoid. He took his seat in the small office, resting his hands neatly on his lap and looked at her. "Well, I was hoping just to do it as cheaply as possible. As long as it doesn't take more than a day to travel, I will be happy to take it." He told her, "I don't know how I'm going to get there. I'd also be greatful if you could suggest any cheap accomodation. A youth hostel, perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!TRNC

Former Fem!TRNC

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 am

Kadri blinked and tilted her head, frowning a little. "Unfortunately, it's cheap or quick. There's nothing that will get you there quickly on such short notice for any small amount of money." That would seem like a common sense kind of thing - but then this was a man, men weren't know for doing well with things like common sense. "A plane can get you there in about three hours, but at this point it would be a very expensive ticket. A train can get you there in a day and a half but again, it would be an expensive ticket. A boat would take a week and that would still be extremely expensive." She shook her head. "If you want quick you're going to need to pay more for it."

Turning to her computer and pulling up the recommended search engine, she looked for very cheap places to stay. "Thankfully, we can get you a cheap room to sleep in during your stay so that won't be too much extra onto the bill for this." Of course, finding food and transportation in Greece would probably be very difficult for this man. But she assumed that he already knew that.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:25 am

Arthur thought about it, "I think train, perhaps. It sounds like the best compromise between cheap and speed." He said, nodding. He wished he'd known about this sooner, then he wouldn't have to do everything so last minute. But he just couldn't pass up this opportunity! "How much would train tickets cost?" He asked. He could ask for money from his parents to cover the costs. It was for his school work, after all, they'd promised to help cover school costs.

"Oh good." He was worried that the accomodation would be expensive. Still, he'd probably be sleeping on a hard bed in the same room as a load drunk teenagers who had come to Greece for a joke about. But he couldn't complain, he supposed, "Do you have any information on the place I'll be staying?" he asked, "Like restaurants or modes of transport?"
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!TRNC

Former Fem!TRNC

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:06 am

Nodding, Kadri turned to the computer and put that in, generating the cost for a round trip train ticket from London to Athens and back again. And then she winced, because that was an expensive trip. Of course, it was taking into account the hotels he would need to stay at along the way, but still. It was incredibly expensive and this was just a kid really - there was no way he was going to be able to afford this trip.

Turning to him and clearing her throat, she clasped her hands together. "The cost for the entire trip, including hotels if you stay only one day, would be 762£." She nodded faintly.

"As for restuarants and transportation, I would recommend doing some of your own research into the places to eat in Athens, and just walk everywhere. If you really need something faster, the bus would do well for you." Kadri frowned a little. "Though I would recommend going to Athens at a different time. Given the situation there, a person like yourself would be in some danger." She felt a quiver at telling him what to do like that, but he seemed like the type to ignore dangerous situations if they got in his way. She would have to get the liability papers for him, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 am

That was a lot of money, especially in a country that was falling apart at the seams. He sighed and rubbed his face, tiredly. He would have to ask his parents for money, they couldn't afford that. Well, he supposed he could get out a loan (not that students could get out loans very successfully). He had to find the money somewhere, right? Maybe he'd have to get a better part time job. He fidgited, sighing. "Alright then. I think I can manage that." But he'd hoped there was a budget flight he could have gotten.

"Don't worry, my family has good health insurance and I've got a European health card, it'll be fine." He said dismissively. He'd rather not think about it, as if all the unrest would just stop because he was there. "I'm sensible too. I'll stay away from any unrest anyway."

"Have you been to Athens?" He asked. It would be useful if she had.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!TRNC

Former Fem!TRNC

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Holding back a sigh, Kadri watched him. She didn't see why people like him felt the need to live outside of their means. He couldn't afford a trip to Athens, why was he trying to go? But she wouldn't talk him out of it. At this point she was still going to get paid, even if he tried not to go, and so she wasn't required to do anymore work. She felt no desire to stop him from doing something stupid - it was his life after all.

His life and his parent's money. She bet they would not be pleased to get that phone call. "Those things can't really bring someone back to life though." She pointed out, printing out all of the information he would need for this trip of his. She could only hope that some of this got through to him.

Pausing, she blinked at him. "No, I've never been there. It was never a place that interested me." She told him, getting back to work.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Arthur shrugged awkwardly. He didn’t like thinking about death, well, he thought about death often, being a literature student with a morbid streak. He just didn’t like thinking about his own death, though he understood his mortality, unlike some people. “I don’t plan on running in to any hotspots.” He said softly, reminding this woman gently that he was not a fool, as much as she would did think so, he was sure. He was doing this for a reason, I well thought out, calculated reason, not a sudden desire to visit Greece, wonderful hotspot that it was.

“Oh, shame.” He looked down, playing with his hands. “But I suppose people have different tastes.” He’d assumed that as a travel agent, she’d been able to go to lots of different places but perhaps she’d just not wanted to go. “Is that all you’d suggest for now?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]   Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri] Empty

Back to top Go down

Research Trip [Travel Agency] [Arthur and Kadri]
Page 1 of 1